Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm kinda new here.
A couple weeks ago, I started my car, shifted into reverse, two hard jumps, AT light and CEL, stuck in 3rd, limp mode. So I went online, had the code read, was a U0101, which I leared was to be fixed by replacing TCM. So I did. I ordered one online, BUT, the part numbers didnt match. My original is lfbn 18 9e1d with a number 8 above it, and the one I got is lf8m 18 9e1F with a letter E above it.The place I bought it from said its compatible. Is this correct?

I am asking because after replacing i'm getting intermittent P0758 errors and sometimes it still jumps going into reverse. so I wanna know if the part number plays a role and I should get a different TCM or I should check other stuff.

On a sidenote, before the TCM gave a U0101 I didnt have any problems what so ever, it was driving like an absolute dream. Should I chloroform the car to put it back into dream mode? :p

Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Only difference is if you ordered a new TCM it will come w/ the latest software version inside it...and you might feel a slight difference in shifting pattern w/ the new software version.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah, but that is when u have the exact same part number where just the last letter differs, right? Because like i discribed, these arent just different shifting patterns im feeling, its error codes and weird stuff. And when it gives an error code, if i turn the engine off and on, all is well again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, to quote a movie, the guy I bought it from seems like a really straight shooter. But on a serious note, no guarantee that its good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts