Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my mazda 3 and I'm not quite sure if it's 1st gen or 2nd gen because I'm still new to mazda.

I was thinking of installing the Evil M emblem on the rear but the seller told me the badge won't fit on 2nd gen Mazda 3s.

Could someone tell me if mine is a second gen Mazda3?

Thanks

· Registered
112 Posts
Your car would be a second gen! 1st gens look like my car for example, 2004-2009. Second gens are from 2010-2013

· Registered
112 Posts
One more thing, the evil m's, at least the one that i bought, would fit on any generation mazda 3. There are no mounting brackets (the hole) in the evil M. So it would just stick on.

· Registered
199 Posts
I used a small file from harbor freight, get creative and see what works best for you, use fishing line like a saw to remove the adhesive this way it doesn't harm your paint or body, you just have to go to walmart or some auto store to get 3m double sided tape to reapply.

edit: I have this set to be exact I took it and just used it like a saw to get a clean solid line then used it like a file to get the edge/shape I desired
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-piece-precision-needle-file-set-4614.html

· Registered
89 Posts
could also check junk yards (preferably u-pull-it type) to get a spare emblem to mess around with and to practice on.
i've always used my local u-pull-it to try to do things i dont want to risk on my main DD...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.