Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Pass on it.

Do your own detailing. It will not only save you money (maybe hundreds) but you'll also know the quality of work that was done. Also, the dealer or Diamondkote.com people will probably say "you don't need to wax your car for X years" which is a bunch of crap.

Bottom line, take the money that you'd spend on Diamondkote and put it into your own detailing supplies that will cost a fraction of that and do your own detailing. Check out the "Ask a Detailer" thread that's posted as a sticky here in the Maintenance & Care area. There's probably about 40 pages, but if you start about 10 pages back from the end, it should answer most if not all of your questions. If you then have questions, post it in that thread.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Personally, I got a 4runner with diamond coat, and let me tell you... The car still got swirls, the paint was just like ordinary paint, and the interior still got terrible stains.

It was $400 spent on maybe a person that sprayed some scotch gaurd on the fabrics and put some protectant on my paint that'll last 6 months at best.

Learn from other's mistakes... :)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
At the dealer they don't specify the specifics of the diamond coat or "minx" coat, etc...

They just say they'll do the exterior and interior and try to sell it for a crazy price tag.

I suppose if you asked, they might get more specific... Either way, I think all of it is fish liver oil...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=bossboy link=topic=67211.msg1156058#msg1156058 date=1169143950]
it depends what he is recommending.

the rust protection? the paint? etc etc.
look at their site. There are diff services.

[/quote]

$299 include the paint and protecting of cloth.

May I do this option later? Maybe after one year or more... I think the paint is ok, after all it is a fresh car.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I dickered with my car salesman, and he ended up throwing this in free, as well as taking the price down. The inside of the car smelled horrible after they did it though for a few days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts