Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
Just wondering is it possible to change the LED's out in my 09 MS3 myself or would i really have to take it to a mazda dealership for them to change it? Tried looking for a way to get them out but unlike my other cars theres no visible bulb to pull out like usual/etc...Pretty im just missing something obvious..
Thanks!

Also one more question, I read that the regular hatchback headlights are interchangeable with the MS3 headlights...But every ebay listing i see says "04-09 hatcback lights, excluding mazdaspeed"...are they just putting that because some speeds have HID? If i have halogen i should be fine right?
Like so:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2009-MAZDA-3-HATCHBACK-HEADLIGHT-HALOGEN-W-O-TURBO-LEFT-RIGHT-SET/272678927170?fits=Year:2009|Make:Mazda|Model:3&hash=item3f7cee3b42:g:wWIAAOSwUsJYWddA&vxp=mtr

thanks!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If you are replacing the entire Headlight housing you have to remove the bumper and there are 2 bolts and 2 screws on top then headlight slides out...

I thought you were talking about the Tail lights?....there are OEM Tali lights for the hatchback I have them on mine.

Please clearify what you are talking about!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's two questions in that post,
One is can i change just the LED bulbs out of my rear taillight housing? Or would i have to change the whole thing at once?

The second was if mazda 3 hatchback headlights fit the speed 3 hatchback headlights...Ebay sellers all say they dont but from what i read people say they do so i got a little confused..

sorry for the confusion haha,
thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
One is can i change just the LED bulbs out of my rear taillight housing? Or would i have to change the whole thing at once?

The second was if mazda 3 hatchback headlights fit the speed 3 hatchback headlights...Ebay sellers all say they dont but from what i read people say they do so i got a little confused..

thanks!
The bulbs are easily changeable on my 2018 hatch. I found a video including the 2009 Mazdaspeed 3, however I'm not allowed to post links yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

thanks!
Yes ALL Hatchbacks from 2004-2009 are the same...Just the GT model have the HID's though those are the more expensive type.

You can replace the halogen bulb w/ a LED Bulb you need to get Resistors to eliminate the "Hyper Blink"...OR just buy the OEM LED tail lights which look 100 times better anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts