Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to everyone who's posted info on the models, i cant see one until later this week. thanks to your posts my expectations are a lot lower ;)

but from what ive read neo > maxx are missing some serious fruit compared to OS models. and half cant even be optioned.

without seeing them, i think i'll go for the neo w/power and aftermarket everything else.

is it just me? are we compenstated in some other way i dont know about? or are our models in fact on par with OS models?

·
Registered
372 Posts
It really isn't that bad :)! Comparing Neo/Maxx to NA lower spec models, we aren't doing too badly. US i models have to pay extra for air, central locking, driver's seat height adjustment and the 4 extra airbags, but they get body coloured door handles and side protection mouldings, and wheel mounted audio control as standard. Options include wheel mounted cruise control, 2 extra tweeters for the sound system, and moonroof. 6-CD stacker optional for all their levels.

Canada GX/GS models are similar to our Neo/Maxx. Air is optional for both GX/GS, and GX only has 2 speakers, and nothing that Aussie Neo doesn't get (ie it also has black door handles and side mouldings). GX cannot option power windows, cruise control or ABS with EBD, but can get 2 extra speakers with wheel mounted audio controls and remote keyless entry for extra $. GS models get wheel mounted audio controls std, and doesn't miss out on any of the Maxx features. They can option wheel mounted cruise control, moonroof, ABS with EBD, 16" alloys and moonroof. Funny enough, I don't think any of the models get the side and curtain airbags, either std or optional. No mention either of the 6-CD stacker.

Aussie SP23 misses out on the 2 extra tweeters, cruise control, and on the option list, leather, sunroof, xenon and tyre pressure monitoring system.

All in all, Aussie spec stacks up pretty nicely against o/s models. None of the o/s lower spec versions get leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter or electroluminescent gauges, so we can't say we're hard done by. Looks like the biggest difference is they have wheel mounted audio and cruise control available and we don't, but we get the 6-CD stacker std on Maxx and SP23.

My biggest gripe is, IMO, the Maxx doesn't command the $1,700 premium over a power/safety packed Neo, with just better trim, alloys and 6-CD stacker as extras.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you rock spook!

thanks, i didnt realise aircon was an option for them! man what year is it? lol

that was just the answer i was hoping for ;) thanks again!

i agree about the neo > max gap. after all if i get the neo in black handles and trim will match hahahah

so neo it is with power pack and aftermarket alloys.

cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
Spook said:
My biggest gripe is, IMO, the Maxx doesn't command the $1,700 premium over a power/safety packed Neo, with just better trim, alloys and 6-CD stacker as extras.
And that is a damn fine set of 17" alloys :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
dont worry about being in the lowest pecking order for options... australian importers are nutorious for importing the cheapest models... look at toyota... and even mazda...

i'm sure the mz6 can be bought as 4wd turbo in japan... even 4wd option for aus would be great ...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yes, but what about the UK models... base engine is a 1.4 weezer, the model range maxxing out at the 2.0 (no 2.3). Its not all bad for us!

But they do get some cool gadgets... ie rain sensing wipers and auto headlights...

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'd rather the bigger engine. I'm not so damn lazy that I can't turn on my headlights and wipers.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Maxx get 15" alloys and Maxx Sport 16"..

Toyota's $19,990 corolla are sold without air cond as standard, have to fork out $2G for it..Same as for astra.

So its the same price really for the pulsar, corolla, astra dn Mz3. (
+\- $500).

·
Registered
252 Posts
'tis funny, there's a whole lotta bitching in the general forums from NA 3 owners about the wasted part of the LCD which we use for the climate control in the SP23... climate control isn't an option in NA.

I would have liked a few of the US options, particularly the moonroof and leather. The extra few kW from the Japanese model would have been nice. If the SatNav could be used as a DVD player then that'd have been nice ;). BOSE system (is this offered anywhere?).

Spook: and the side airbags are probably why the 3 only scored 3 stars for side impact on NCAP. It'd be interesting to see what configuration they test for ANCAP...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts