Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was initially blown away by how much we would hear from COBB about the car and their findings on it...The detailed reports about it, the proactive approach on the forums telling us what was going on. Then suddenly over a month ago, all went silent on the COBB front. Why? Are they always this quiet about their stuff?

On the COBB forums people have been asking for weeks (coming on months) for any kind of an inkling of an update...just a ghost town over there. Why not keep the same proactive attitude they had 2 months ago? even if its a "we're working on it, but we've had problems getting x to do x" That'd be something.

Its not a huge deal for me, because I do not even have my car yet, and won't for a month - and even then I won't be ready to buy one, but It sure does seem a lot of others are in the "ready to buy now" boat, and with only one option and no word from the competition they just go with what they can.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
They bought the car and are clearly working on it.
These kinds of things take time. development / testing ++

Patience my young padewon.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
they are most likey carefully wordsmithing the legal disclaimer for the product. we are not responsible for any broken parts on your car due to use of this product...:)...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=68128.msg1174336#msg1174336 date=1170083748]
They bought the car and are clearly working on it.
These kinds of things take time. development / testing ++

Patience my young padewon.

[/quote]

I realize they take time, and appreciate the fact that they are taking it. However when they went from "OMG INFORMATION OVERLOAD" to their current "silent night" its kindof disheartening. It doesn't matter all that much for me, in the end I am going with the product that best suits my own personal needs and goals. I do however enjoy reading what they are working on and coming out with, since expensive things like this I like to do a LOT of research :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
My guess would be that since they are one of the most respected names in aftermarket tuners, they dont want to publicly disclose their research information before they debut the product. I'm on Nasioc alot and from what i read, they have a quality product with very few complaints. They are most likely tight-lipped so they dont make promises they cant keep, or give their competitors goals to shoot for.

I'd also imagine they are working to find the best combination of peak power, power delivery, fuel consumption, and drivability. That just takes time.

I personally can't wait to see what they come up with, and i know it'll be worth the wait.

·
Registered
906 Posts
All I want to know is if they will come out with a product that can tune everything in the mazda ECU. Just a yes or no on this would suffice for me to make decisions on what I do with my cars.

·
Registered
906 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=68128.msg1175108#msg1175108 date=1170107457]
if they are controlling the ecu they are controlling everything that is run by the ecu
[/quote]

But is there a viable product to come out, or is it not possible to make a commercial product? I don't care if I have to wait for a year, I just want to know if it will work.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Spoke with cobb today.

They have no ETA for the mazdaspeed products, and of course they have a lot on their hands at the moment.

However, they said they would like to see things completed by Summer.

So for those who have the patience, it will be very worth it.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
i think you'd rather have them working on it, then spending time online.

i remember when NSN came out with their ecu, they were all, ok we're gonna try and crack the ecu. and then like 6 months later, it just came out. they didn't really answer a lot of questions.

it'll come out.

can always go with the XEDE kit?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=Boost Addict link=topic=68128.msg1175290#msg1175290 date=1170113026]
Spoke with cobb today.

They have no ETA for the mazdaspeed products, and of course they have a lot on their hands at the moment.

However, they said they would like to see things completed by Summer.

So for those who have the patience, it will be very worth it.
[/quote]

summer now ehh.. so that really means late fall/early winter at best.

·
Registered
272 Posts
[quote author=desperado callado link=topic=68128.msg1175363#msg1175363 date=1170115922]
Maybe they want to see if there's a 2008 MS3 before jumping in with Xede and CP-E.
[/quote]

Since they own one, I think that they are committed to putting out a product, regardless of a 2008 model.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Tune for MS3 stocks

"after the new news release by Boost Addict there has been a big change"

CPE 60% +60% (new news of release comeing, plus CAI already out)
XEDE 10% -10% ( still no PnP)
COBB 30% -50% (delays untill possibly fall/winter)

Compared to two weeks ago:

CPE 0% (unheard of)
XEDE 20% (great gains no PnP)
COBB 80% (cobble cobble)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=68128.msg1175644#msg1175644 date=1170124848]
Tune for MS3 stocks

CPE 0% (unheard of)
COBB 80% (cobble cobble)
[/quote]

Matt, CP-E is still without a PnP harness supplier as far as I know. Both Xede and CP-E are apparently having a really hard time with that issue. But for CP-E add "throttle control." Don't know how much benefit they will derive from that, but they are tackling the issue.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
[quote author=desperado callado link=topic=68128.msg1176197#msg1176197 date=1170155947]
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=68128.msg1175644#msg1175644 date=1170124848]
Tune for MS3 stocks

CPE 0% (unheard of)
COBB 80% (cobble cobble)
[/quote]

Matt, CP-E is still without a PnP harness supplier as far as I know. Both Xede and CP-E are apparently having a really hard time with that issue. But for CP-E add "throttle control." Don't know how much benefit they will derive from that, but they are tackling the issue.
[/quote]

Theoretically a whole lot!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=TrueRedSpeed link=topic=68128.msg1176356#msg1176356 date=1170168262]
[quote author=desperado callado link=topic=68128.msg1176197#msg1176197 date=1170155947]
Tune for MS3 stocks

CPE 0% (unheard of)
COBB 80% (cobble cobble)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Theoretically a whole lot!
[/quote]

I know, it'll be great if they can get a handle on it.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=68128.msg1175302#msg1175302 date=1170113394]

i remember when NSN came out with their ecu, they were all, ok we're gonna try and crack the ecu. and then like 6 months later, it just came out. they didn't really answer a lot of questions.

it'll come out.

[/quote]

I don't think i'd ever trust a Vishnu product. I've seen too many Evo's go bad on another forum that I frequent..... i'll wait for Cobb.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
[quote author=mndsm link=topic=68128.msg1176472#msg1176472 date=1170171920]
[quote author=small town king link=topic=68128.msg1175302#msg1175302 date=1170113394]

it'll come out.

[/quote]

I don't think i'd ever trust a Vishnu product. I've seen too many Evo's go bad on another forum that I frequent..... i'll wait for Cobb.
[/quote]

really? this is the first that I have heard of it, can you point us to some threads?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Go over to www.buschurracing.com and ask ANYONE there about Vishnu. Most won't say much anymore, because there was a giant blow-up where Shiv said some shit about David Buschur, and Dave in turn exposed Shiv for everything. Put his taxes up on the internet and everything. Has pics. Shiv was "tuning" with cheap laptop out of a Quik-Lube in so-cal. I know Dave got the Car and Driver car that Shiv had done for an article some time back and said it was the worst thing he'd ever seen. I remember reading the article, and the tune was TERRIBLE. You could ask over on the Buschur forums for more, but I know they took all of the threads regarding Vishnu down due to repeated flaming and bannings and all sorts of nonsense. Someone may enlighten you.... i'd encourage you to do so, before trusting that product.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts