Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done my searching and have noticed that a lot of you are using ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid.

My question: I will have Racing Brake front slotted rotors, and Hawk Performance pads only on the front of my car, the stock rotors and pads are on the back. Should i be using ATE Super Blue, or is it overkill? P.S. My car is a daily driver no track days in the future.

I dont know if the people using this fluid are going to the tracks and have upgraded full brake systems.

Thank you

Chris

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
i run motul rbf600. Put that in after i installed ss lines. I rarely track, but i do drive agressively.

Motul RBF600 is the best high-temperature Brake Fluid and preferred by many tuners and race teams. Its specifications and labratory results exceed that of DOT 5 silcone based fluid, but still retains the benefits of Glycol based fluid by lubricating the ABS pump and not deteriorating caliper and Master cylinder seals.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm thanks for the explanation! Hey but i really just wanted to know if ATE Super Blue would be a good fluid for my everyday driver, or if i should look at something else.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's weid...
I noticed a big difference...

1.No more clutch burn odor
2.Braking is much better
3.Accelerating out of first gear (5000 rpm no problem)

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
hang on... clutch burn odour? Aren't we talking about brake fluid here? Is the clutch master cylinder on the same fluid circuit as the brakes?
(Unless I'm a complete tool, I think the clutch is a hydraulically operated, cable actuated clutch, right?)

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
[quote author=island warrior link=topic=72241.msg1283321#msg1283321 date=1174548972]
That's weid...
I noticed a big difference...

1.No more clutch burn odor
2.Braking is much better
3.Accelerating out of first gear (5000 rpm no problem)

[/quote]

placebo effect, the only difference between brake fluid is their boiling points (and the lubricating effect mentioned earlier), unless you are heating your brake fluid past the point of boiling, you will not be able to tell the difference, brake fluid is brake fluid.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
they share the same resevoir on our car don't they? they are pretty much the same thing

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
they are on a lot of cars, I'm not 100% sure on ours, I'd have to run outside and check, but I'm feeling awful lazy right now, maybe after my afternoon coffee. . .

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Mr. Tea help me out with the drain in fill.

It's the same thing. :slap:

Anyway after spirted driving (lots of reving, WOT), normally you would smell some clutch burn ( if you

have a 5-speed) But , after using ATE super blue racing fluid , it's like you been driving 35 mph the whole

time, It handles the tempature so much better than Dot3

I'm glad that I did it for my daily driver.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Clutch and brake share the same fluid, but it's not necessary to change out the fluid in slave cylinder (for the clutch) when you're just changing the brake fluid as long as it's not DOT5 or synthetic.

I didn't have the slave cylinder flushed and still don't smell that clutch burn. Then again, I probably don't drive all that spirited to and from work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts