Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a unique purchasing situation, in that I am a temporary visitor on a work Visa in the USA. When I visited the Mazda dealership for the first time, I told them this immediately, and asked if it would be a problem with financing. The sales guy and the GM said no, as the banks would not know my status. Based on this information, I picked out a new Mazda 3, negotiated the price, and drove with my sales guy to a sister dealership an hour away and picked up the car in my preferred color and options. When I got back to the dealership, the financing guy told me they could not sell me the car due to my status (Visa expiring soon). I received no apologies for my time wasted, and no offers of "other options".

Already known to me, I can renew my Visa and easily finance the car, and am also approved for a bank loan. I would have no problem buying the car. Is my terrible experience worth much at the dealership? I don't have a lot of trust in them. If so, how much can I still negotiate for? I had already negotiated to True Market Value listed on Edmunds and KBB.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Umm that's entirely up to you... I'd try for an additional thousand bucks off, or an equivalent amount of options on the car. However, it kinda depends if you have other options or not...

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can only negotiate based on facts. Contrary to popular belief, negotiating isn't game, but rather an honest exchange of facts. The relevant fact in this situation is that, all other things being equal, you'd rather purchase the car from a dealership that didn't screw up. If they can't offer you a discount, just purchase the car at the same price from someone else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts