Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am compiling cost together for buying and installing an amp. I called the place I most trust for installing an amp. I am buying the amp from somewhere else though.
They said depending on material and time anywhere from 75-150 parts and labor. I know everyone says do it yourself but I really dont have a clue on doing something like this and I dont want to screw it up.
Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
not enough info. When I used to work Car-Fi at Best Buy we sold amp install kits for around $70 that came with about everything you would need. But that was a good 7 years ago. I second Danger Mouse, don't have a big box store install it. It is REALLY easy, but they do their best to fuck up the cars they get. Hell, they fucked up my car while I was working there.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Take up Jordan's offer to help you install it. He does a good job and he might show you how to do it so you'll learn for next time. ;)

Install kits usually run $50 for say, for a basic 400-600w kit.

If you need wiring, let me know I have enough to wire all our cars. :p I have 4ga and 8ga power wire and assorted speaker wire. After that, all you would need is a fuse and some connectors. (I might have a battery terminal and a fuse in my box of stuff) Let me know what amp you got.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=ADaughen link=topic=66407.msg1141906#msg1141906 date=1168401422]
Take up Jordan's offer to help you install it. He does a good job and he might show you how to do it so you'll learn for next time. ;)

Install kits usually run $50 for say, for a basic 400-600w kit.

If you need wiring, let me know I have enough to wire all our cars. :p I have 4ga and 8ga power wire and assorted speaker wire. After that, all you would need is a fuse and some connectors. (I might have a battery terminal and a fuse in my box of stuff) Let me know what amp you got.
[/quote]

i think that was his original intention :wink:

i just saved 500$ by switching to mazda3forums for help on my springs. thats what family is for!

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coolness....no it wasnt a box store...It was Kustom Trim of America in Akron...seen their work..its good.
I soon as I get the amp I will give you shout out, which is pretty soon. I just sold off my old 95 civic for 400 bucks..woohoo! This is the amp I am getting:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=MRP-F450

What other things do I need to get? I plan on the amp running the front alpine component speakers I have and still use the radio for the rear speakers.
I still want to have side to side and front to back control.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=Rocketeer link=topic=66407.msg1143457#msg1143457 date=1168480685]
Coolness....no it wasnt a box store...It was Kustom Trim of America in Akron...seen their work..its good.
I soon as I get the amp I will give you shout out, which is pretty soon. I just sold off my old 95 civic for 400 bucks..woohoo! This is the amp I am getting:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=MRP-F450

What other things do I need to get? I plan on the amp running the front alpine component speakers I have and still use the radio for the rear speakers.
I still want to have side to side and front to back control.
[/quote]

OH MAN! i wish you would've posted on here. i would've bought it in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh! Doh!

Well it didnt run at the time, bad alternator, brakes froze..the guy that bought it just lived a few streets over. He spent 250.00 just to get the car to run to see if he wanted to buy it.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5 speed EX, 2 Dr Coupe, black, 140,000. Really hadnt been driven since I bought the 3 back in June of 2004.
Fender rust in the usual spot on civics by the wheel well. The spare tire wheel well was full of water for some unknown reason...no apparent leaks.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=Rocketeer link=topic=66407.msg1143584#msg1143584 date=1168485255]
5 speed EX, 2 Dr Coupe, black, 140,000. Really hadnt been driven since I bought the 3 back in June of 2004.
Fender rust in the usual spot on civics by the wheel well. The spare tire wheel well was full of water for some unknown reason...no apparent leaks.
[/quote]

still woulda bought it =\

alternator and new brakes is easy piezy

junk yard HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts