Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told by the local dealer to expect the new 3 in the week starting 8th December. Price expected to start around €19,500. The saloon (sedan) will be around 5 months later. Engine sizes for Ireland are 1.4, 1.6 and 2.0. The sedan will not be made in a 1.4 version so I'll be getting the HB (if he gives me a good enough trade in on my 206)

EDIT: Renamed - country section

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because of HUGE insurance premiums in this country..<m&gt

(not to mention fuel price)I can't really go bigger than 1.4 entry level. In any case the entry level price is about as much as I can afford to pay for the car. The US prices look very good in comparison (ireland has enormous tax on cars), starting price in Ireland is over $23,000!! It's cool how in the US you pay a base price and options cost so much after that. In Ireland, you have a selection of trim levels (4 I think) and that's it.

Haven't decided on colour, but it'll be silver or black. To be honest I'll just see what the dealer has in stock and choose from that. The cash is sitting there waiting so I wanna get the deal done as soon as I can, I'll wait to pick the car up until January so I get a 2004 registration. Trading in a Peugeot 206 1.1L and i hope to get 8K for that.

You're getting me excited thinking about it <g>

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
The US has low taxes, you're right. We pay 15% in Canada - how much in Ireland? On a big ticket purchase like a car, that 15% (or more in some European countries) really forces you to stay with a lower segment instead of going higher...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well a pre-tax price of €13,000 ends up as €21,000 so it's over 50% in total (that's made up of a few different taxes which I'm unsure about the rates for each)....it's ridiculous!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts