Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
If it wasn't so damn expensive for new tracks/cars, I'd have it. I have Live for Speed, and really like how it's just $40 for everything. The multiplayer sucks though.

·
Registered
483 Posts
^^^ Agreed, iRacing's ranking system is cool, it keeps the knuckleheads that wreck people in check but the addons are so expensive ... That's why I prefer rFactor and it has a bunch of free addons/mods (including some that i've worked on) that lets you race all types of vehicles.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
It might cost alot to get them right away, but if you have all the cars/tracks you'll get a discount on new releases

I've been a member since 2009 and I absolutely love it even though it can be frustrating at times lol

Gonna run the Daytona 2.4?

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got three months for 12 bucks, I couldn't pass that kind of deal up. I had driven a few laps in it before on other people's accounts testing and liked the realism well enough to look into it more. I had forgotten about rFactor until you mentioned it actually.

It can be REALLY frustrating haha. But there are times when it can also be really rewarding. I got my first win last night and then two more, and felt great. Getting a win is much more satisfying than the other racing games I've played.

I wish I could run it, but unfortunately I'm going to busy most of today and tomorrow when it will be running. Changed my mind, looks like I'll be able to do the roar before the 2.4 tonight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I raced NR2003 for years them went to ARCA 08 and still race in it. We had a few in our league run in iRacing for a bit.
I found ARCA 08 to be a bit more realistic unless you are running the modded NASCAR tracks.
It even helped me when I drove a car at Memphis a few years ago.

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's intense, lol. I'm using a Fanatec Porsche GT2 w/ clubsport pedals and shifter set. Running the game off my laptop lol, but the framerate is good. I don't really need all the pretty details, just for the game to run well enough to be competitive.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
[quote author=acedeuce802 link=topic=203704.msg4188275#msg4188275 date=1329583086]
What wheel do you guys use? Personally, I use a Logitech G25.
[/quote]

same here, for my (low) talent level it's great :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes we use Photoshop to paint our cars. TSF provides the templates so we can paint our own cars. I was thought you could paint your own cars in iRacing also, but am not sure about that.
That is on the Fusion body currently in ARCA 08. When NASCAR gets them in 2013 the bodies will be a bit different.
After all right now it is all about the stickers to make one car look different then another.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts