Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an ipod integration product (IE Dice or Neo)

I have a DICE and I have had alot of problems with it, when I contacted DICE and my reseller they both have said there have been alot of problems with DICE and Canadian cars. Does anyone have one that works well? (i am trying to find one with AUX as well)

·
Registered
675 Posts
at the rpm store, you can get the audio link ipod adaptor that comes with aux in..... and it's cheaper then dice or neo, only diff is it does not show info on screen

personally i have a usb key adaptor for sale from the same makers...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How easy is it to switch between inputs. the dice one takes forever to do.

Also i thought that one doesn't work with 08's with clarion decks?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the audio link as well. The dock works AT THE SAME TIME as the 1/8th jack, and as soon as I press CD it is on. So switching is no problem. Works flawlessly with all ipods except the touch, mine, at least, pauses the touch every few minutes when using the dock. So I use the 1/8th jack for it.

I'd totally suggest using it. Super easy install too.

No idea about the 08 issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
[quote author=cool013 link=topic=138502.msg2989521#msg2989521 date=1236837729]
Do you have a SAT button?
[/quote]

yep, but it doesn't do anything.  I have to push CD twice to get to the audioLink.  I took shots of the install if you are curious - here

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=cool013 link=topic=138502.msg2985745#msg2985745 date=1236710480]
How easy is it to switch between inputs. the dice one takes forever to do.

Also i thought that one doesn't work with 08's with clarion decks?
[/quote]

The only module that doesn't work with Clarion decks is the Axxess module. The '08 problem is actually the '08.5 problem as the HU pins were changed and went from a 32 pin to a 30 pin, so none of the aftermarket ipod modules work on '08.5+ models.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does the Axxess allow you to control the ipod while displaying text on dash? It looked from some of the how tos that it just puts a Axxess logo on your ipod and you control it via the dash.. That would suck if it is true..

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=jonnypage link=topic=138502.msg2999601#msg2999601 date=1237303435]
Does the Axxess allow you to control the ipod while displaying text on dash? It looked from some of the how tos that it just puts a Axxess logo on your ipod and you control it via the dash.. That would suck if it is true..
[/quote]

AFAIK in the mode where it displays on the LCD the ipod itself is locked out. In the mode where it doesn't display on the LCD you can control from the ipod. Continue discussion of the Axxess in THIS thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts