Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been reading all the ipod integration option threads like crazy looking to start using my 1st Gen Ipod Touch instead of ~16song cds. I have a new to me 2006 MZ3 GT without the CD changer, but I believe I have the bose setup.

Basically I'm looking for a unit that will allow:
1)the track title to show on the lcd screen
2)be able to turn on random song selection on the ipod AND change the song via the steering wheel WITHOUT turning off random
3)charge the unit
4)still have the ipod unlocked for manual song selection.

Is there such a unit? Am I asking too much? I know the Axxess module comes close but they say it locks the ipod and when changing a song with the steering wheel it turns off random. I've also heard that the Neo kit proves to be a learning curve nightmare to navigate the ipod.

Any ideas? or should I just settle for an audio link and forget about trying to use the lcd for ID3 tags?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
There are currently only three kits that you can use which display text info. You nailed two of them, the third is the newer DICE module (there are two models each of DICE and Prolink, one of which doesn't display text). From what I've heard on the forums and in making my input thread the Prolink and DICE units that display text are pretty much disasters. They don't work intuitively, have complicated UI's, and don't work consistently. Also AFAIK with either of those when it's set up to display on the LCD it locks the ipod. In the alternate mode the ipod is unlocked but it doesn't display text. I can't really speak to specific functions on any of the models (random turning off, etc.) as I've not used any of them.

So yeah you might be a little unrealistic in your wants. :p

Another thing to keep in mind is whether or not you want that extra 3.5mm input the audiolink comes with. If you don't then you can save a little money and get the grom unit.

·
Registered
531 Posts
From looking through the Dice and the Neo Pro Link literature it appears that they are the same exact units.
I had the NEO and the Dice site has the instructions in PDF form.
They both have the exact same instruction sheets.
So they have the same features and flaws I would guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts