Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mazda 3 Sport GT is set to arrive in 3 weeks!
I'll want to hook up my iPod in there.

I ordered the cassette player to interface with the iPod through an adapter, but I'd love to find a better integrated alternative.

FM transmitters are not no hot in sound quality.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was thinking the same. However i was thinking of the RF transmitter (easy to connect) althought the sound is not the best.

How bout adding an Amp to the car, and then making a connection from the input of the amp to the output of the iPod.

iPod -> Audio Cable -> Extension Cable Coming From Amp -> Amp -> Speakers

You bypass the audio system in the car completetly this way.

And keep those damns crooks from stealing your MP3 Head Unit (Aftermarket) if you are thinking of getting one

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RF transmitters are not too good, from my experience. I use a Belkin model that only emits on 88.1 @ 88.7 frequencies, but 88.5 is used by CBC RadioOne here in Montreal...so I get mucho interference driving around town.

Maybe the iTrip is better, but at 65$ a pop, trying those things out is getting more expensive by the minute!

I've also started to look for a nice way to mount the iPod (mine is a 3G 40 GB model) on the dashboard (in a non-permanent way, ideally). Belkin has something that fits in a cupholder, but those are not in a very accessible location in the 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts