Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revolution Performance Motorsports is proud to introduce to you the CPE Xcel Cold Air Intake for the Mazdaspeed 3!

Now Mazdaspeed 3 owners can enhance their turbocharged engine by ditching their quiet and restrictive intake system and replace it with a CPE XCel™ Cold Air Intake system. Designed to be as effective and pleasing to the ears as the original XCel™, this Mazdaspeed 3 kit is sure to please those looking for a modest power increase accompanied by the sounds of the proper turbocharged engine.

And speaking of power gains, this intake is sure to outperform its competition in terms of performance and reliability. The power gains are due in part to the shape and diameter of the intake tract. It offers the lowest flow resistance of all the cold air intake kits for this Mazda engine. It also features a carefully designed mass air meter housing that is guaranteed not to set a check engine light like many cold air kits will.

The kit comes with the cold air intake, filter, all hoses and clamps needed for a professional quality installation, as well as full color installation instructions.

PRICING

MSRP: $329.00 + shipping

RPM PRICE: $324.95 with a free RPM T-Shirt!

Price includes shipping within the continental US. Shipping to Hawaii or Canada is an additional US$25.00. Other international shipping will be quoted on an individual basis.

Initial orders will be pre-orders, as the intake is not scheduled to start shipping until the end of January.

HOW TO ORDER

You may order directly from our website:

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=381

To receive the free RPM T-Shirt, you must add the shirt to your shopping cart using this link and use the coupon code "FREESHIRT" at checkout. You may also order free RPM decals via this link.

If you live in Hawaii or Canada, you may use the shipping quote code "3DX9X". If you live elsewhere internationally, please contact us for a shipping quote.

PICTURE

NOTE: This is a picture of the final product powdercoated in black.

DYNO CHARTS

Dyno runs were performed on a stock Mazdaspeed 3, and again with only the CPE Xcel Intake installed.

Horsepower
Torque

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Your links are duplicated, 2 HP and no TQ

Thank you for putting this up, and im sure everyone is going to like that low introductory price

So 02/14 for that price?

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Looks alot better! I was looking at the curve for the TQ and was confused.... its only 10pm what is going on!!?!!????

Haha

You will probably have my order in towards the end of month...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'd be very interested to see photos of the intake installed. It looks as though the filter drops down into the area where the airbox was, and then curves back up, perhaps in front of the wheel well?

Can you perhaps post a PDF of the instructions so we can see what we're in for when we install it?

Thanks, i'm very interested. Cant argue with those big gains. Plus i'm sure it will sound awesome!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=AG DesignWorks link=topic=67247.msg1156015#msg1156015 date=1169142037]
I'd be very interested to see photos of the intake installed. It looks as though the filter drops down into the area where the airbox was, and then curves back up, perhaps in front of the wheel well?

Can you perhaps post a PDF of the instructions so we can see what we're in for when we install it?

Thanks, i'm very interested. Cant argue with those big gains. Plus i'm sure it will sound awesome!
[/quote]
We don't have any pictures of the intake installed, as the one that CPE has installed on the shop car is the prototype, which is not powdercoated and looks horrible from being installed and removed so many times. However, the intake is installed exactly as you have described.

CPE does not release PDF versions of their instructions. Even the paper instructions clearly state that the document may not be reproduced or distributed in any way. However, I can attest that the installation procedure is very straightforward. The most difficult part is removing the air duct (aka snorkel) below the air box, simply because it's difficult to directly access the bolts that secure it. The easiest way to do it is jack up the car so you can access the bolts from the bottom.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You may also note that we adjusted our price. There was a miscommunication between CPE and ourselves that led to the initial announcement of a lower price. We apologize for any inconvenience.

·
Registered
757 Posts
[quote author=falcontx link=topic=67247.msg1156366#msg1156366 date=1169153815]
[quote author=AG DesignWorks link=topic=67247.msg1156015#msg1156015 date=1169142037]

[/quote]
We don't have any pictures of the intake installed, as the one that CPE has installed on the shop car is the prototype, which is not powdercoated and looks horrible from being installed and removed so many times. However, the intake is installed exactly as you have described.

CPE does not release PDF versions of their instructions. Even the paper instructions clearly state that the document may not be reproduced or distributed in any way. However, I can attest that the installation procedure is very straightforward. The most difficult part is removing the air duct (aka snorkel) below the air box, simply because it's difficult to directly access the bolts that secure it. The easiest way to do it is jack up the car so you can access the bolts from the bottom.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? There is no snorkel that detaches from the airbox...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it's not actually a snorkel, it's more of a scoop, or an air duct that was designed to move air coming in from the driver's side (just in front of the wheel well) up to where the intake is located. It's actually located just behind/below the driver's side headlamp assembly. It's difficult to see just by peering into the engine bay, but if you can get up behind the bumper where it's located, you can't miss it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=falcontx link=topic=67247.msg1155898#msg1155898 date=1169138393]
The kit includes a pre-oiled cotton gauze filter made by Advanced Flow Engineering. The filter is rated at up to 600hp. For more information about the filter medium, check out this link: http://afefilters.com/oereplacement.htm
[/quote]

A concern for me as I would have preferred the AEM, but what's a micron or two between friends. Done. One red pre-ordered. Should go nicely with the red oil cap. I'll get the AEM once the included filter gets dirty.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our first shipment came in and they intakes are now on the way to their new owners!

If you're in the market to add 25whp and 25ft-lbs of torque, be sure to get your order in soon so you can be assured an intake from the next batch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts