Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe its just me but is anyone else having a problem getting used to the black and red cloth interior on the s. i like everything about the s except the interior cloth and upgrading to leather is just too much money for me. i like the black and gray cloth on the i models, but its not offered for the s.
i havent actually seen the black/red in person and plan to soon, but just from the pictures i dont know if i like it all that much. just wondering what other peoples opinions are and if theres anything i could do to change the interior color.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My MZ3 has the black/blue interior, and I really have nothing bad to say about that. It's very good-looking and seems durable.

The leather actually looks too thick to me, as if it came from the bad parts of the cow (just like the Protegé5's leather). Supple leather I like; the MZ3's more like vinyl.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The leather is firm (like the seats) but is comfortable. Too soft a leather in buckets allows you to move around too much in the seat, especially when driving the car through the twisties - keep in mind, this is not a Lexus nor is it driven like one. I have it and really like it - it certainly doesn't feel like vinyl and won't look like it after it has had a chance to break in. I was in my friends audi A4 the other day and his leather was similar

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i also have leather and it feels nice...!!!! very comfy and i originally wanted cloth but just got leather...its nice..

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I happen to like the black/red cloth better than the black/blue cloth, because the red matches the instrument panels lights and brightens up the interior. I can't comment on the leather since I haven't even seen it in any MZ3 on local dealer lots.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I also really like the cloth interior. I would have liked leather, but I don't know if I'd like the one in the Mazda3. Previous encounters with leather in Mazda cars have left me with not-so-good impressions. So I'll hold on to my sour grapes. :D

Anyway, I like the red/black cloth. It is not clingy like the suede/fur type fabric, and it feels like it would wear really well.

Anyway, I noticed that there is a zipper on the back of the front seats. Maybe undoing that zipper lets you remove the seat fabric cover and perhaps you can just put a 3i seatcover in there instead.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I thought that the black/red interior would be a bit too outrageous, judging from pictures alone, but when i saw it in person, it was kinda nice....it was subtle....goes nicely with the interior....

And oh, LeeLee, Lava Orange MZ3 HB?....nice....i was thinking of that color....do show pics when you get a chance

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have black and red, and I can't really complain. It looks a lot different in pics than in person. In person, it adds a little sporty accent and some color the the mostly black interior. Really does not look bad at all.

My .02

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I got the cloth after the experience with leather in my Jetta.

It was stiff and very good in the corners the first day I got it. Then after a little wear, and leather treatments, the leather softened up and i was a sliding worm.

The cloth in the 3 is nice. Not the best in corners, but Ill cure that problem one day with harnesses.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ydiddy said:
i havent actually seen the black/red in person and plan to soon, but just from the pictures i dont know if i like it all that much.
Wait until you see it in person before you make up your mind.

I was like you, from the pictures I couldn't stand the two-tone cloth (black-blue in my case) and was going to get leather. But after seeing it in person it wasn't so bad. Now, that I've had it a month, it's grown on me a lot. I'm glad I got it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was a little reluctant to see the cloth at first. When my dad and I walked into the showroom and saw the orange (which looks awesome too) with the black/red interior we were in awe. Not only does the red complement the other interior appointments, but it looks awesome with the lava orange exteror.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I liked the grey & black cloth and the beige cloth, both of which were only available only in the GS and GX. I liked the look of the black & red cloth seats in the red GTs and the look of the black & blue cloth seats in the blue GTs, but I wasn't crazy about the black and blue cloth in the white, titanium and silver GTs. For us there just seemed to be too much going on in some cases. For example: white exterior, black & blue seats and a black & red/orange centre console + instrument panel (+ blue backlight at night). The black leather gave the interior a really classy look and feel but made the interior quite dark, would definitely be less practical than cloth and its durability is unknown at this point. Both the cloth and the leather were comfortable, and it's really a matter of the three P's -- preference, priorities and pocketbook.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
lmp180psu said:
I happen to like the black/red cloth better than the black/blue cloth, because the red matches the instrument panels lights and brightens up the interior.
Yeah, but I'm sure that it would make my Winning Blue look retarded.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well be thankful that nobody will have to worry about a black & red interior in a blue car. :p

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well yeah and the electrochromatic blue on the guagues goes nicely with the red lighting. Though lighting is a different issue from fabrics though. ;)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Actually, I'd of been happier with blue display and the red as an accent - like a VW has. That or make it REAL red, not amber.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts