Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own an Audi which I'm selling and I'm seriously thinking of a leasing a new Mazda 3 here in Canada. My question revolves around the power window controls and even the sunroof controls, do they light up in that redish color like the rest of the interior lights or do they stay dark and you have to move your hands/fingers around in the dark trying to find the switches?

The thing I love about my Audi is that virtually every control button or switch in the vehicle lights up at night... Anyone have pictures of their interior at night? Thanks!

PJStyles

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unfortunately all that lights up is the "auto" drivers power window..which sucks because all my power windows, etc light up in my Celica..that is one thing that bugs me about the 3

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's really dumb... Why wouldn't they just make them all light up if they went through the effort of making one of them light up... I just don't get that... blah!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you really need all 4 lit up when you automatically know where the other three are in relation to the one thats lit??

·
Registered
773 Posts
The other window controls I don't mind so much being unlit since I know right where they are based on the lit one. It's the unlit door lock controls that I mind the most. Honestly, it's a minor thing, but I hate having to find a black switch in a black interior at night.

·
Registered
396 Posts
SBTanMan said:
The other window controls I don't mind so much being unlit since I know right where they are based on the lit one. It's the unlit door lock controls that I mind the most. Honestly, it's a minor thing, but I hate having to find a black switch in a black interior at night.
i totally agree.
its so annoying trying to find that button (door lock controls) that doesn't stick out and isn't lit up. and its not even on the arm rest, its on the door which makes it even harder to find.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
6_funk said:
SBTanMan said:
i totally agree.
its so annoying trying to find that button (door lock controls) that doesn't stick out and isn't lit up. and its not even on the arm rest, its on the door which makes it even harder to find.
Yeah...I agree with you both...that button should be visible at night.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The moonroof controls should be lit too.. coz it's the same color as the roof panel.. kind of blended in.. so it's not easy to find at nite

As for the power lock switch.. i hate to have to feel the bumps to find where it is.. :x

·
Registered
432 Posts
grooverider said:
This is probably an area where Mazda cut corners to save some $$..my Dad's 6 though is the same way
How much $$ can they save on few extra LEDs.. and some cheap wires when they can spare so many on the stereo control panel across the power button?? These are convenient features that should get more attention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts