Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,163 Posts
Vinylex or 303 Protectant will coat the plastics/vinyls with an oily barrier that resists stains. Then you just use a duster every once in a while to clean the dust.

As for the black carpets... Scotch Gaurd may help which sort of coats the fibers to prevent stuff from sticking/staining.

Other than that, I learned rubber floor mats is a must have after detailing a barbor shop owner's avalon.

· Registered
7 Posts
I love the way the interior looks but abhore the dust. Or how the black interior seems to show the slightest speck of dust. Is there a product that "repels" the dust? I actually carry a microfiber towel in my car and dust regularly (during red lights) so the dust won't be so apparent. I used vinylx this week and it made the dust "stick" to the interior. The dust wouldn't even come off with my handy dandy microfiber towel.

· Registered
148 Posts
I use Son of a Gun protectant when detailing the interior, and have been for years. A lot of people on here do not like this product because it does have a tendency to leave a residue especially on our interiors. With my MZ3, I wipe the interior with a microfiber sprayed with Son of a Gun, and then I wipe down with a clean and dry microfiber. My dash stays rather clean for a couple of weeks. I also tend not to roll my windows down very much at all other than tilt the sunroof open for ventilation periodically.

· Registered
388 Posts
All the idea's mention does not prevent dust. They will protect from UV and some spells for liquids. Most of them are pretty good products. But read the ingredients DO NOT use anything that have petroleum or alcohol. They will affect the Mazda materials in a negative way. It may not happen immediately but in about one full season running through summer months you will notice. Tinting you window with material that reduces UV helps the deterioration.

Black, blue, white, Grey red...etc they all collect the same amount of dust. There is nothing you can do except keep up in the cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts