Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was traveling up 29 towards Columbia,MD - the Velo Hatch was running exceptionally well - when I spotted blinking lights way in the distance. Being the good citizen that I am, I dropped from 75 down to 55 and eased into the innocent looking right lane. When I got to the blinking lights, it was a police cruiser giving a ticket to a motorist. What caught my attention was the cruiser. Very nice all black and blacked-out Mustang with the lights on the rear shelf. Nice new one with narry an indication that it was official. Looked like something Vinnie would drive to terrorize the locals. Them troopers and getting sneakier and sneakier. :(

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
troopers in Tennessee have new Chargers and in Virginia, I've seen police Camaros.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=66141.msg1134205#msg1134205 date=1168004487]
troopers in Tennessee have new Chargers and in Virginia, I've seen police Camaros.
[/quote]

Montgomery County police here in Maryland have Chargers as well (which are almost as common as the crown vics), but they're still painted up in the cruiser normal colors.

Andrew Beard

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here on Long Island Camaros where used by both counties and the state and I've also seen Mustang notchbacks.
And know there driving Chargers also. Mostly Crown Vics though.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Yea, I think I saw the exact car you are talking about also on 29, without his lights on there would be no way to tell it was a cop.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
I've seen that Mustang cop on 29 down in Columbia... I had a couple of friends back in high school...they were telling me how that mustang goes around and finds people to race, once they race, he gets behind them and pulls them over.

Oh and Rockville police are Chargers and Magnums now...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=Roxy link=topic=66141.msg1135135#msg1135135 date=1168034958]
- - once they race, he gets behind them and pulls them over.
[/quote]

I was thinking entrapment. No red-blooded guy (or girl) with gonads (or without) wouldn't be tempted to speed up when passed or trailed by that vehicle. It just begs for it.

The marked high-performance units are scarry enough, but the unmarked ones are just evil.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Yup. We have Chargers, Camaros and they have an LS2 GTO in Boones Mill....solid black and badass!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Watch out for a green Dodge Ram too. I've seen this truck on the beltway twice when he's had someone pulled over. There's nothing on the truck to indicate that it's a statie (until he hits the lights). He's got them in the visors and in the grill. Sneaky bastard.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
A Dodge Ram? Thats plain wrong! :mad:

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
if a cop pulled up next to me, and floored it first and then i over took him and he pulled me over. thats forsure entrapment, but if the cop just drives next to you....thats not realllly entrapment.

now to most of us young blooded males...yea thats asking for a race. especially a nice lookin blacked out stang

·
Registered
46 Posts
the transit police at the 895 tunnel have a brand new gto.... fyi

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=copperred3 link=topic=66141.msg1150258#msg1150258 date=1168867466]
[/quote]

Well, that makes sense. Those transit police do get some big-time emergency calls. :?

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=Sealy link=topic=66141.msg1150263#msg1150263 date=1168867840]
[quote author=copperred3 link=topic=66141.msg1150258#msg1150258 date=1168867466]
[/quote]

Well, that makes sense. Those transit police do get some big-time emergency calls. :?
[/quote]

rofl

·
Registered
264 Posts
Florida highway Patrol has a blacked out Charger with nice big shiney wheels. The only reason I knew he was a cop was that my radar detector was going nucking futs when we was coming at me.

Of course, this one is station out of Quincy, so only those of you passing throuh Tallahassee and just west of it are at risk, but I'd be willing to guess they've got more in the rest of the state.

Also...

I watched a riced out civic weaving through traffic on the way out of Panama City, with a red S10 (lowered I think) following closely behind it. I thought it was two punk ass kids till I saw the S-10 hit the lights...

sneaky bastards... I'm just waiting to see a unmarked minivan

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
these cops are probably using impounded vehicles from street racers, or drug dealers.

how would you handcuff someone and put them in the backseat?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=wheelindixie link=topic=66141.msg1151775#msg1151775 date=1168926008]
That's not even the S!!!!

Poser Cop
[/quote]

more like dumbass police station.

this isn't the italian job

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=66141.msg1151778#msg1151778 date=1168926076]
[quote author=wheelindixie link=topic=66141.msg1151775#msg1151775 date=1168926008]
That's not even the S!!!!

Poser Cop
[/quote]

more like dumbass police station.

this isn't the italian job
[/quote]

who's to say it's not hooked up :)

And there's a red mustung that a cop driving around... early 2000's model... I was walking and only noticed it because I caught a glipse of the top border of the laptop they carry. I couldn't see the front so I dunno if you could spot the lights in the grill or not. This is around College Park I've seen twice

·
Registered
704 Posts
ive seen all sorts of cars like that with people pulled over . random full size sedans like chysler 300s, the older kind fwd, lights flashing. or even suv's pulling people over recently, on the highway around boston. must be a new state police thing. tricky though cause ud never thing about speeding by an unmarked suv or 4 dr chrysler sedan.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts