Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Check it out on their web page. I must admit, it does look really cool, but I have a feeling that it will be missing some of the extras that the Mazda3 offers... HIDs for one.

http://www.scion.com

·
Registered
396 Posts
looks kinda like a mix between rsx and 350z. but way slower than the z. wonder why they always try cars in europe first?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
that looks sweet, the scion is not available up here in canada. We get the dumb looking (imo) echo hatchback.

·
Registered
187 Posts
OMG, it looks more like an hideous mutation of styling cues stolen from the Hyundai Tiburon, Saturn Ion, Volvo S40, and the new Subaru Legacy coming this year ... all thrown into a melting pot together. :shock: :?

As usual, Toyota proves they have no styling innovation except for maybe the Celica four years ago. Always copying everyone else's design trends ... bleh

·
Registered
120 Posts
In the 360 degree view on their website I see a Civic from behind and a shortened Accord Coupe from the side...can't identify the front end, yet (maybe some original ideas went into that bit :wink:) Doesn't really matter. Everybody copies everybody. I like the styling for the most part, but I'm not crazy about the front end.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Mmmm, if only the Subbie Legacy GT was already here *daydreams*

·
Registered
144 Posts
tC

Yeah, the tC is definitely a car I will look at when shopping later this year. Like the styling but the M3 S is also going to be hard to beat.

Kevin

·
Registered
93 Posts
I really like the pics, I will definetly give it a test drive at least, I don't know if it'll beat the 3, that would be really tough, I'll have to see the interior and drive it first. But to me it looks really good

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
anamnesis said:
Hehe, that new Legacy is a VERY sharp lookin ride. I'm almost content to wait and see how it drives, who knows ... :D :wink:
Same motor as my STi, but detuned. I think its gonna produce like 275hp. If it was out now.. I woulda got it over the STi.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Toyota/Scion

Anybody cutting down Toyota/Scion is probably just jealous of their high market share in the car industry. I have been very happy over the years with my Camry, Corolla, and Highlander. However I am looking at the Scion tC and M3-Sport which IMHO is much better looking than the current Toyota line.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The tC is definately hot. I like it, but I've sort of been turned off to coupes because of their wide door opening requirements and harder access to the back seats for things like boxes and tv's.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Re: Toyota/Scion

fearturtle44 said:
Anybody cutting down Toyota/Scion is probably just jealous of their high market share in the car industry. I have been very happy over the years with my Camry, Corolla, and Highlander. However I am looking at the Scion tC and M3-Sport which IMHO is much better looking than the current Toyota line.
haha, nope not jealous. I've gotten behind too many people who don't know how to drive and they were all driving camrys or corollas. (maybe this is just a Houston thing?) If you know how to drive your toyotas that's all good. And I have been behind a few, just a few, who did know how to drive.

oh, and please add your location to your profile. Forum rules and all. :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Toyota builds cars with average attributes for average people. Average attributes as in staid handling, drab styling, bland interior, and lots of Brady Bunch wholesome goodness. Not for me.

For years, Honda was different. Cars handled better, there is more attention paid to driver enjoyment rather than passenger enjoyment. The Civic is styled far sportier than the Corolla, and Honda had a death grip on the youth market.

All that appears to be changing. The new Accord looks bloated and ugly. The Civic makes do with the smallest sized engine in the entire class, and not even aggressively styled new lights and front lip spoiler can distract on-lookers from its overall frumpy body proportions. Honda has lost it's differentiation from Toyota in many ways and has just experienced a 20% drop in Accord sales barely second year into a new generation.

Mazda is different. So is Nissan. And for being different, Mazda and Nissan may not become mass-appeal car brands like Toyota or Honda. But with quality and reliability to back-up its spicy personality, along with a VIN number that starts with a J, Mazda3 is the car for me, more so than any sub-20K Toyota or Honda that's currently on the market.

Think the new Scion is different? In some ways it is. Think it will catapult Toyota's share of the youth market? I have my doubts. With all the glitzy advertisement of 20-somethings in jeans, satin shirts and goatees, the old gray-haired business suits still show through in the details. Just look at the so called colors for the tC, such a fine palette for the Avalon.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts