Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me preface this by saying i searched but couldn't find anything dealing directly with my questions :) i know this has probably been covered 234535634623 times :)

anyways.. i'm looking into getting an intake (and possibly the rest of the i/h/e combo) for my ms3, but not sure what make to go with. i come from many years of modding honda's so i know a bit about the different aftermarket car parts manufacturers. I am not, however familiar with the quality that they make parts for the MS3's and, mazda's in general.

as stated above, i'm looking for an intake, but i am clueless about what i should look at and what i should stay away from. AEM was my first choice, but as i looked into more and more brands, they all seemed to have similar results and price tags.. anyone have any experiences that i can get you to share?

also, newish to working on turbocharged cars, and have read about inlet pipes.. are they "included" when i do decide on an cai?

·
Registered
165 Posts
you sure you searched? :lol:

inlet pipe is not included. If you still wanna get aem, just get the mazdaspeed cai. its the same product and you won't have to worry about warranty. however, installing and uninstalling inlet pipe and sri is really easy so whenever you have to take your car to the dealear, you can just put the stock parts back together. If I were you, I would get cobb sri and inlet pipe or cp-e sri and inlet pipe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was doing my research before i knew about the inlet pipes.. i have a ton to learn about this snail looking thing in my engine bay :)

i havent done much looking onto the sri's.. i probably should take a peak at them because i'm pretty paranoid about hydro lock :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Right now only Corksport has a full intake from filter to turbo. It has not been out long, so there is really no feedback on it yet. There of lots of intakes ranging from sri to cai. Their are a lot of companies that have turbo inlets for the MS3. Depending if you want it made from silicone or metal. When it comes down to it, your choice all depends on your preferences and which brand you like. IMO, it does not matter which intake you go with. Everyone of them will give you an increase in perfromance, and same goes for the turbo inlet. Anything is better than the stock air box and pancake turbo inlet.

Personally, I have the Cobb SF SRI & RPMC Turbo Inlet and love them both. I feel/hear the performance and really notice the difference between them and stock. But, I can honestly say I would have similar results if I had bought CP-e, Corksport, AEM, Mazdaspeed, or any other manufacturer in regards of a intake or turbo inlet.

Both mods are worth the money! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
[quote author=2008jayspeed3 link=topic=139433.msg3005786#msg3005786 date=1237520831]

I have the Cobb SF SRI & RPMC Turbo Inlet and love them both. I feel/hear the performance and really notice the difference between them and stock.

[/quote]

I have rpmc inlet also. gotta love the sound :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
[quote author=gtpeace7 link=topic=139433.msg3005801#msg3005801 date=1237521385]
[quote author=2008jayspeed3 link=topic=139433.msg3005786#msg3005786 date=1237520831]

I have the Cobb SF SRI & RPMC Turbo Inlet and love them both. I feel/hear the performance and really notice the difference between them and stock.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do either of you have sound clips? Very interested to see what the sound is! I am in the same debate. I'm trying to find out if there are any differences in performance in any of the intakes, to determine which is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
605 Posts
[quote author=titaniumSS link=topic=139433.msg3005840#msg3005840 date=1237522865]
[quote author=gtpeace7 link=topic=139433.msg3005801#msg3005801 date=1237521385]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do either of you have sound clips? Very interested to see what the sound is! I am in the same debate. I'm trying to find out if there are any differences in performance in any of the intakes, to determine which is the best bang for the buck.
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ex5lF7HwYg#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H3tKY-zFXs#

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i have a mazdaspeed CAI. very happy with it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i'm going to have to order the rpmc turbo inlet, mainly because its metal (silicone doesnt make me all warm and fuzzy feeling) and they gave some dyno numbers :) now just deciding on the intake.. this will be fun :)

thanks for the input everyone! keep it coming!

·
Registered
268 Posts
[quote author=dicksspeed link=topic=139433.msg3008927#msg3008927 date=1237674525]
i'd go with a cobb setup. its going to be the cheapest, and as far as a combo I like cobb
[/quote]

Same set up I am going with once I save the money for both. Going to install both at the same time, no point in doing the installs 1 at a time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts