Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get under the hood to replace the PCV Valve, what do I have to remove in order to get enough access to remove the PCV Valve?

From other sources I hear there are 8 bolts that must be taken out. Someone suggested that a middle bolt is a pain to remove. Are these bolts visible and easy to identify as the ones to the intake manifold? Any other component that would need to be removed or connectors? For easier access?

I am working on a 2007 Mazda 3 2.0L

Thanks,

OL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.

I was able to replace the PCV valve successfully. Took a bit of time. I Do suggest you find a buddy or someone to help along this will make the work a bit easier. Luckily for us we got the 8 bolts out with no problem. After that, we unplugged a couple connectors in the way. Removed the air intake to get some more access. We did not take the intake manifold out of the car completely. Just pushed it back far enough to get access. We did remove the fuel rail which made it easier to access.

Once we had enough access we removed the hose connected to the PCV, then removed little circular bracket that holds the PCV in place, once that comes off the PCV came off no issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts