Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others, I would like my engine to perform in a better way. I have invested a lot of money into making the flow of air smoother but nothing has worked. My first purchase was a Fujita F5. I went into it blind, and got minimal results. I was also seeing lots of buildup on the filter, so when the CEL came on (which ended up being a broken wire in the MAF circuit) I gave up. Off she went and since I'm missing parts, I haven't sold it.

The Corksport Exhaust was next, and actually did result in power gains, especially in the lower to mid range. It sounds awesome, money well spent. My latest was the Simota CF SRI. I had it on for a month with no problems, but about a week ago that changed. I noticed sluggish fuel economy plus my nemesis, the CEL, yet again. A scan was free at school and turned up a bad reading in the MAF sensor causing my shit to run rich. I took it off and really can't figure out why I can't get a simple upgrade in that area without problems.

Now I think I should sell the rare Simota that took months to get and save up for a sub, RX8's, or a TWM. I want noticeable results without my PCM freakin out. Opinions?

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
[quote author=TrevDaddy link=topic=136345.msg2937846#msg2937846 date=1234677503]
Like many others, I would like my engine to perform in a better way.
Now I think I should sell the rare Simota that took months to get and save up for a sub, RX8's, or a TWM. I want noticeable results without my PCM freakin out. Opinions?
[/quote]

Yeah Subs, RX8's will not help your engine perform at all, just add weight and hurt your fuel economy. :shock:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I realize how that sounds now lol. I could also go the power route. I'm just tired of the inability to make power without the risk.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
I've had the same problems as you with the F5.. except I notice a power increase. (I have a stock 04 sedan to compare to, and trust me, the F5 makes a difference.) The MAF wire problem is going to happen if you dont unhook the wiring loom from the battery box. It happened to me as well. $100 fix at the dealer for my own stupidity.

With the Simota, I think your problem is just a dirty MAF sensor. Take it out and see if theres crud and dirt on the sensor itself.

I recommend getting the Mazdaspeed Accessory CAI. It bends towards the battery box straight from the throttle body, so the MAF wires arent stretched at all (although, they shouldnt be stretched after unhooking them from the battery box, no matter what intake), and if you have the dealer install the MS CAI, it doesn't void any warranty you may have.

All that being said, I cant say that a sub, rx8s, or a short shifter arent good causes to save up for. I love my sub and wheels (I have an auto, so no SS for me).

What parts exactly are you missing from the F5?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=136345.msg2937863#msg2937863 date=1234678190]
What parts exactly are you missing from the F5?
[/quote]
The vibration mount and the rubber tubing that connects the breathers. Myself being novice is what really fucked my MAF to begin with, but the Simota was installed well. I guess I could clean the MAF, but that sounds like delicate work. It's probably worth it though, cuz this thing was serious engine bling and hella rare. I want to keep it. As for the F5, couldn't I just make my own hose and mount?
[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=136345.msg2937872#msg2937872 date=1234678723]
I love my F5, not one cell ever, I unhooked the wire harness when I installed it, prevenative.
[/quote]

I paid the price for having a time frame and being a noob.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
[quote author=TrevDaddy link=topic=136345.msg2937874#msg2937874 date=1234678972]
I guess I could clean the MAF, but that sounds like delicate work.
[/quote]

its super easy, they sell MAF cleaner at any auto parts store. its just a spray on and let dry process, and will make a noticeable difference if your MAF is really dirty. ive had the simota intake for 4 or so years now, with no issues what so ever.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
sounds like your having install problems man...a ton of people have the f5 with no issues, and many of us have the simota with no issues either.....did you make your maf wires arent being pulled? i extended mine by splicing some extra wire in there, some have enough slack to just cut back their plastic wiring sleeve and pull some out...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made sure that the wires weren't being stretched with the simota. The F5 was different because I barely knew what I was doing. I will try this MAF cleaner business soon. BTW my sensor looked brownish/black when I took it out. Could be a problem.

As for the F5, do you guys think I could make my own breather hose and vibration mount so the intake is sellable?

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
u want power? get a turbo.
you want a quickie... get Nawss
you want to spend little money and gain little power, get and exhaust and any intake. they are all the same, i would just recommend getting the most silent combo.
now you want to go faster, with not extra power? engine mounts... but since you seem a little sassy about everything, i wouldn't recommend it, simply because of the extra vibration in the cabin.
so my friend, you are stock!... get a speed!

·
Registered
330 Posts
i had the cel problem with my F5, it was the pulled maf wire. dealer fix and no problems since... as for the hose, im sure u can get rubberhose from lowes or home depot and cut it length

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am having the same issue with my Fujita cai. No cel's but I am getting bad hesitation and bogging. Should I put the stock intake back on and have dealer check it out? I dont think the wires are being pulled, everything looks intact.

·
Registered
330 Posts
disconnect the maf wires from the batter bax, they are held in by two grey clips, then unplug ur maf and plug it back in and see if that helps.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
People say to disconnect the gray clips from the battery box to give the MAF some extra wiggle room. I did this and had no problems but a few people said they still had issues.

My F5 worked as intended with no issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts