Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my insurance bill and it was about 350 bucks higher per year than if i got a fully loaded 6. Are the insurance adjustments way off since this is a new car model? I'll be calling a bunch of places to check it out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
because of the excellent crash test results, the 6 has lower insurance rates. the 3 is too new for them to really evaluate anything. they have to wait to see the results of tests and how many claims they see coming in for this car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i'm going from a 95 Civic EX 4-door to a fully loaded 3s 4-door, and per 6 months my insurance only went up about $120. i was pretty surprised.

i'm with Progressive btw. they actually couldn't find the 3 in their database at first (that new!), but eventually the lady got me into the system.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I went from the Protege5 (fully loaded) to the 3s hatch. Mine actually dropped. I don't recall how much right now, because I pay monthly, and still get a return on what I pay.

But I think it dropped about $150-200. I was shocked. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I went from a 1995 Sunfire GT (150hp) to a Mazda3 GT 4-door. My insurance went up by $500 CDN per year. They didn't have the car in the database at the time so they charged me based on the price of the car. I then got a $150 refund in the mail when they got the details on the car.

For anyone that cares, thats ICBC in vancouver for $1700 (after the 43% discount).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a couple of quotes for an S and an i. Surprisingly enough the i came out to be a lot more than the S. For an S, it came out to like $965/6 months but for an i, it came out to $1109/6 months. And i'm a 20 year old guy w/ a clean driving record. Anyone know why would the S be so much cheaper than the i when it comes down to insurance?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Vroom.... where the flip do you live?! 20 years old and you only pay $160 a month? I'm 19, I have a 1998 Civic right now and mine is $1,548 every 6 months, that's $258/month! Ridiculous if you ask me. By the way... this is WITH the Good Student and ABS discounts. I really hope this goes down when I get my 3. :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
What coverages did you guys get? I've got $500 deductable on non-collision and $2500 on colision (along with VA standards), and I paid $699/6 months. This was through Progressive. They billed me for the 6s since they didn't have the 3s in the database yet. I have one accident in the past 3 years that was not my fault.

As for the two guys above me, your rates supposedly drop once you hit 21.

·
Registered
171 Posts
my rate actually dropped by 150.. i was paying $870/6mo on my last car.. now it's down to $720 with 500 ded.. not too bad for a guy that just turned 24.. can't wait for next year.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If you are debating on the ABS option for the insurance break, be sure to ask for a quote from your agent before you decide on getting the package. My discount was a big fat $0.00. just fyi

I'm a 21/M Here are my rates quoted:

2004 Mazda 3 sub model S, MSRP $18,900, ABS, Airbags, Anti-theft, rated for Denton county.

LIMITS
AA Bodily Injury 50/100
BB Property Damage 50
SS UM/UIM Bodily Injury 25/50
PD UM/Property Damage 25
DD Collision 500 DED
HH Comprehensive 250 DED
UU Rental Reimbursement(Day) 35 DAY
Adjusted Item 6 Month Premium: $ 809.00
Current Item 6 month Premium: $ 379.00

Adjusted Policy Premium: $ 1,414.00 $ 430.00 Rates as of:
9 / 9 / 2002
Current Premium: $ 980.00

To say the least, a huge jump from a 91 240sx -> MZ3

·
Registered
315 Posts
Update: just got a $39 check from Progressive today because of the correction from 6S to 3S.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ZeR0c0oL5 said:
Vroom.... where the flip do you live?! 20 years old and you only pay $160 a month? I'm 19, I have a 1998 Civic right now and mine is $1,548 every 6 months, that's $258/month! Ridiculous if you ask me. By the way... this is WITH the Good Student and ABS discounts. I really hope this goes down when I get my 3. :(
I live in california. I honestly thought the quotes were going to be higher tho.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
odie said:
2004 Mazda 3 sub model S, MSRP $18,900, ABS, Airbags, Anti-theft, rated for Denton county.
Denton, Denton!!

Rah Rah Rah!!

Denton, Denton!!

Rah Rah Rah!!

:p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well I have USAA

policy cost

with just the mazda <wife proto5 > and subaru WRX=1259.39/6 = 209.90

mazda < proto5 03'> = 642.04

mazda proto5 + mz3 sedan Spck w/ 5spd loaded = 1024.25/6 = 170.71

wife's mazda proto 5 and my 1996 4runner limited = 1013.99/6 = 169.00

I am doing lotsa homework about this purchase and well all I can say is with using lower grade gas with the mz3 compared to using premium with the WRX you are looking to get better saving esp when talking bout MPG.

I am just concerned with all the threads about airbag sensors....but I do not think this will sway me away from the 3.......looking to purchase in bout 4 mths....give or take.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Doh! Just found out I don't get a reduction for having a car alarm from Progressive. They give deductions only for lo-jack and recovery systems.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just to chime in on the subject, I am a 20 year old male with no tickets or accidents on my record, living in Daytona Beach, FL and my premium is $1209/6 Months for a $250 comp deductible and $500 collision deductible. But from what i Understand, my premium may drop when i turn 21 in a month (March 3). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, treds, your premium should go down when you turn 21. Call your company and they should be able to ballpark it for you. However, you may have to wait until the policy renews after your 21st b-day to see the lower rates.

Teklis - I too have USAA. The best...it's not fair to compare them with anyone else!

Our premium for just the MZ3 is $375 for 6 months. That's with 300/100/300 coverage and $500 deductible. In downtown Chicago, no less.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
bknauss said:
They give deductions only for lo-jack and recovery systems.
According to the letter I just got from my dealer, they now offer LoJack.

Just a thought. I have no idea how much.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Snoocher said:
Yes, treds, your premium should go down when you turn 21. Call your company and they should be able to ballpark it for you. However, you may have to wait until the policy renews after your 21st b-day to see the lower rates.

Teklis - I too have USAA. The best...it's not fair to compare them with anyone else!

Our premium for just the MZ3 is $375 for 6 months. That's with 300/100/300 coverage and $500 deductible. In downtown Chicago, no less.
Who's your coverage w/ Snoocher? I'm also in Chicago and thinking of buying a 3. What dealership did you go to?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts