Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called my insurance company, Progressive, to see if they had the rates for the Mazda3. The girl I talked said they did not have them yet, but she got some information from to put in a request to have Progressive research it and get into their system. She did a "dummy quote" on a 2004 Mazda6s with my current policy and it was only a $160 increase over 6 months. I have a 1999 Protege LX right now, so I was impressed. My insurance is normally $800/6 months.

Anybody heard anything about insurance costs?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Phew, luckily at least here in Finland insurances are quite cheaper than there :shock:

Currently I pay about 300€/year insurance from my car and it includes everything,
of course I have 70% bonuses on it right now (maximum is 70%). But cars are quite
expensive here because of high taxes. For example Mazda6 1.8 Classic starts about
25.700€ here.

1€ is almost same as 1USD (1 : 1.11)

Expecting that Mazda3 with 2.0 engine is 24.000 - 25.000€ at least all it's competitors
with 2.0 engine begins from 23.5k€.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
How old are you two / are you married?

Oh, and by the way - in the US, the price of the car does not include Tax (and other fees) so any price you see is before (usually) somewhere between 6 and 8 percent sales tax, among other fees.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How old are you two / are you married?
I'm 23 year old male and single. Record is clean as a whistle. I have full coverage plus extras.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Redeemer said:
I'm 29 year old male and married.
Ah, see being 29 and married will make a big difference in insurance here, compared to a 23 year old single guy. Still, your insurance is somewhat cheaper than most peoples in the US.

Schulkw's insurance does seem high though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Insurance: I rolled the old insurance policy I had on the S3 and (of course) it's way cheaper. I don't have the 1y quote because it expires on March but for those 5 months left it's 240€ vs. 333€ credit I had. This include all damages (my faults as well, besides the first 180€ - don't know what's the name of this in english), theft etc. etc.
I'm 39, single with inmaculate record.

Car price ... must be a lot lower than what you posted: without navigator but with everything else (xenon lights included) I paid 20,650€

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hahaha...damn california and our 300% car tax..as far as the insurance rates go....my provider does not have any numbers for me as of yet...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yay! Progressive got back with me. My insurance will only be $60 more every 6 months. I can taste the 3 now...

·
Registered
93 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
hahaha...damn california and our 300% car tax..as far as the insurance rates go....my provider does not have any numbers for me as of yet...
According to the news last night, Arnie is supposed to roll back the car tax as soon as he takes office, it's even supposed to be retroactive to 10/01 when the car tax increase/rape began.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Butters said:
funkyfreshmonke said:
hahaha...damn california and our 300% car tax..as far as the <a href="http://go-advertising.com?go=insurance" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: insurance';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">insurance</a> rates go....my provider does not have any numbers for me as of yet...
According to the news last night, Arnie is supposed to roll back the car tax as soon as he takes office, it's even supposed to be retroactive to 10/01 when the car tax increase/rape began.
i heard he if he lowers the car tax...many bad consequences will follow california economically....so we'll see if ARNIE will do what he said he'll do...*still skeptical that this man is in office*

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Bump....

I just changed insurance companies since my quote with Liberty Mutual would be only $87/month versus $122/month with Nationwide ( 23, single, no accidents/tickets, insured for about 4years). Part of the savings was a 20% discount for being a part of the Penn State Alumni Association, but even without it, the savings would be about $13/month. I was paying $135/month with Nationwide for my mom's 2004 Impreza Outback Sport which I am co-owner of for better insurance rate purposes.

I was shocked at the savings, plus the customer service w/ Liberty Mutual seems very good. I called in for a quote because of a 10% rate discount from my employer, but she gave me the 20% discount for PSU Alumni, which I didn't know was available. :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have my insurance through Wawanesa Mutual. My deductible went down to 300 dollars, while my overall cost only went up 175 dollars. Since my old car was a 1994 Toyota Tercel (small and inexpensive to insure), this must mean they have great faith in the Mz3 or it somehow escaped their notice what a fun car this is. Oh, and my college diploma is signed by Governator Arnie, how hilarious. I can't believe the man is our governor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts