Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get the sports package, is it then considered a sports car? I have no idea how this works, as my parents have always handled my insurance. Or should the price be the same for all models regardless of options? Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
They don't care what kind of package you are getting. They will only ask you the brand and the model of your car, and also the estimate value of your car. Another tip for you is that you don't need to tell them everything in detail.... example like you don't have to tell the insurance company that you will be driving the car to school or for work....

·
Registered
78 Posts
well ppl told me is goign to be around 1500-2500 in vancouver

so far thats waht ppl been telling me

of course 1500 is roadstar and 2500 is someone with 20% dis

i am not 100% sure coz my broker can;t even find the car for me in her computer so i am just going around forums to ask ppl and those are the # i got so far :lol:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Canada 4 u

Don't worry 'bout it. Especially if you're getting the 4 door sedan, that can't possibly look at all sporty to them. There is no need to mention the sport package, the spoiler, the way it looks amazing for a 4 door car and that it could very well be considered sporty...but yeah, we don't want them to know anything about that :) Oh, BTW. Thanks Mazda for making them all 4 door to save us some $$ on insurance :wink:

·
Registered
984 Posts
They usually want to know how big the engine is. They'll probably use the '03 Protege as a reference.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Then two big men in black coats will be coming to your house shortly thereafter to key your car and possibly kick your dog.

·
Registered
984 Posts
anamnesis said:
schulkw said:
They usually want to know how big the engine is. They'll probably use the '03 Protege as a reference.
And if we lie about engine size ... ?
Well, I guess if you file a claim and they inspect your car and find out you lied, they'd slap you with insurance fraud. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
Then two big men in black coats will be coming to your house shortly thereafter to key your car and possibly kick your dog.
ROTFL, Kaz ... in my case it would be my cats, who deserve to be kicked anyway. :D

Yes, insurance fraud is a big no no, I guess, but hey, what if you claim ignorance? Plead the Dumb Woman Clause: "Honestly, I don't know anything about cars ... how am I supposed to know know engine sizes, I don't pay attention to those things!" Yeah, it's ridiculous, but I'm sure you know there are a frightening amount of people whose knowledge of cars is limited to: 1) Turn key, 2) Press pedals. Why can't I pretend to be one of them? :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Insurance

Hey,
I work for an insurance company so I know that the Mazda 3 is pretty good on insurance. Certainly its going to cost more than the protege last year cause its a new model so theres no accident history with it.

I'd say for a clean driver thats over 25 yrs old and has been driving for at least 6 yrs you shouldn't pay more than 1500-2000 per year.. now if your under 25 get your wallet out cause their gonna milk you for every penny.

By the way there are only 2 groups for this car... the Mazda 3 GT is rated slightly higher than the other models.. only slightly.

Also you don't have to mention that sport pkg and spoiler.. Insurance companies now exactly whats on the car just by the VIN.

Hope this helps!

l8r

·
Registered
232 Posts
What if you're just shy of 25 (i'm 24) but has been driving for at least 6 years?

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you're planning on doing any mods to the car, you might want to tell the insurance company about them when you do them, or they won't cover the parts incase of damage or theft.My company didn't even put up my rates for the mods I did. And in the US, not sure about Canada, if you put in a system and don't bolt it down or secure it, it counts under your home owners insurance, not your cars.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ahh, 24..that's gotta hurt

Well, if you're 24 look out. It doesn't matter. 25 is the magic age. 24? You're going to double $2000, you're looking at $4000 or so a year on insurance. Minimize this by purchasing the car closer to your 25th birthday. If you're impatient like me, that's the best thing to do. But hell, when you're 25, $2000 a year is STILL lots, but it'll look like you're saving 50%!:lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just called for a quote for my Mazda3 Sport GT and I got a little over 1200$ per year. I'm 29 years old. 1200$ isn't bad... condering I was paying 1000$ for my Protege SE 2000. Comes out to around 20$ more per month for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re: Ahh, 24..that's gotta hurt

factrzero said:
Well, if you're 24 look out. It doesn't matter. 25 is the magic age. 24? You're going to double $2000, you're looking at $4000 or so a year on insurance. Minimize this by purchasing the car closer to your 25th birthday. If you're impatient like me, that's the best thing to do. But hell, when you're 25, $2000 a year is STILL lots, but it'll look like you're saving 50%!:lol:
I guess that's one way to look at it....but i think i could wait till then cuz i probably won't have a real job till then anyways... :D oh wait, i change my mind... :( .... :cry:

·
Registered
171 Posts
are you talking $2000 USD? i'm 23 and i pay about $1600 a year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts