Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, maybe I am missing something but I can't figure out how to mount the LCD display. It comes with 2 brackets that I am supposed to screw in but I have no idea where. Does this kit not work with an 08? I noticed it says up to 2007. :( Does anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
930 Posts
What Alec said and also into the LCD. Once you get them on the LCD its pretty self explanatory.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out. I was just worried that it said through 2007, but the kit worked with my 08. Of course the fitment leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Shave about 1-2mm off the back edge of the black bezel piece (that is attached to the long dash strip) and it should fit a lot better--the brackets seat the LCD a little bit forward of its stock location.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want to cut any factory pieces, plus that's not really where my fitment problems lie. Actually, my ac controls are loose. I fixed it by using some blue painter's tape to keep it from moving. Not really the best solution though.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Same here. With the single din Alpine and the Eonon. Not too bad but it is noticeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts