Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the trick to getting the spring clip off to put my PIAA bulbs in (H7's). I've put them in other cars with no problems. I've never seen this style. I really don't want to break anything, and I would hate to know what it would cost to replace. And I refuse to pay someone to put headlight bulbs for me. The manual isn't much help. THANKS!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wonder if you need to reaim your headlights if you push and pull hard on the units.....If you checked the Gold sponsors, we have a discussion about re-aiming the headlights after installing new bulbs. Don't know if re-aiming is really necessary.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never had to reaim my lights. As long as you don't crank it too hard the bulbs should seat the same. When it warms up I'll take another look at the clip. Warmth always has a way of making things loosen a little easier :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
wow.. that clip is a bundle of joy isnt it.. my finger hurts...but as soon as i got it free i noticed my after market h7's had a smaller plastic housing and they wont fit right.. its the same bulb just different plastic connector part.. whats up with that

·
Registered
226 Posts
oops nevermind.. i relized it just pops out of the other plastic and the aftermarket one goe's in..

haha silly me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts