Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i notice a couple of people have installed guages in the center console. I already have the pod im just wondering how hard the guages are to install? Which guages are the easiest to install? (your opinion) How is the accuracy? please lemme kno itll be a big help

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Well there is a hole near the clutch pedal and a hole behind the glove box

Gauges are close to same or different, there is mechanical and electrical and a million companies that make them, where some are more accurate and others are accurate

Where are your from?
Whats your budget for gauges?
How many gauges does your pod fit?
What model car do you have?
Have you tried the search button?

There are many threads about installing gauges, gauge pods, gauge comarisons located within these forums :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
money isnt really an issue.....i have the pod that fits 3 guauges? i am thinking a/f (electric) and them some temps guages. I just i am not sure where the wiring goes for the a/f guage and is it hard to get to?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
the a/f get tapped into the signal wire back to the ecu on the 2nd o2 sensor.

·
Registered
475 Posts
what color is that wire i'm about to install an a/f ratio gauge also

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
i dont know

there will be 4 wires. white, black, grey, and black w/ colored stripe. the grey or stripe wire will be the one to tap into. try one and see how the gauge reads, then try the other. which ever one causes the gauge to sweep back and forth in a controlled fashion is the best one.

doesn't really matter too much. a/f without a wideband is just going to give you a vague idea of what the car is doing.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey 415 I tapped all the wires to find the one I needed I had tapped the grey one, and the striped one it wasn't those it was the black one. But like you said it really isn't that accurate. It just sweeps back and forth as your driving, and goes almost all the way rich with the throttle punched from about 5000rpm on up.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
glad you got it working

1 - 8 of 8 Posts