Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok sorry, I did use the search function and went through 4 pages of threads and couldnt find anything.

Any hints or cheats for installing groundlighting on the 3? I am not inexperienced, have put 3 kits on friends cars no problem. Just wondering about placement and the best place to run the wires. I am getting a blue LED kit tomorrow and hopefully will have it on by Monday.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Try searching for 'underbody lighting'. I read a few threads about it before.

In terms of mounting, almost everyone is having problems mounting them on the sides of the car. Not enough points to attach the kits to.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
im getting a kit from the gb on this forum. post up pics and a write up for the places to put them when u figure it out.

PS: i'm gonna put a neon bar behind the fron bumber to iluminate the back of both of the grills, u should try that too. bump :wink:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=crazyfast link=topic=68429.msg1182239#msg1182239 date=1170388696]
im getting a kit from the gb on this forum. post up pics and a write up for the places to put them when u figure it out.

PS: i'm gonna put a neon bar behind the fron bumber to iluminate the back of both of the grills, u should try that too. bump :wink:
[/quote]

I already have neons mounted on the top and bottom of the bumper. I will post a how-to if I remember. I have aftermarket side skirts, so I will probably just drill a couple holes into the car, they will be obscured.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick update.

As far as mounting, if you do not have a body kit, I dont know if it can be done. The back I just zip tied to the mounts behind the gas tank that are originally for the rear bumper. The sides are actually set within the skirts, because I couldnt drill through the rail and there is really nowhere to put them. The front I screwed into the main peice of plastic below the engine.

They are not yet operational, I started installing after 10pm, and made some stupid mistakes. Now I have to buy a new harness kit and redo the switch, hopefully will get it done by the weekend. Lets just say I have got to quit installing stuff late at night, because I tend to miss stuff that is pretty obvious when I am thinking clearly.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also after this little fiasco, the lights no longer blink or the horn honk when I lock the car. It works normal when I unlock though.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
thats really wierd... i have no idea what could have happened. not good to hear about the sides on a stock car. i already paid for my kit. i'll just have to figure it out i guess. where did u mount the front one?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the electrical is back to normal.

The front one is just screwed into the skid plate under the engine. Might be partially exposed with stock body parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts