Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject line said... took me less than an hour to put the four panels along the doors. Very easy install for those interested. Overall I wish the panels were a bit more form fitting to the existing panel but I do like the finish and the finished look of the interior. I wonder if the Mazda panels are more formed as opposed to the aftermarket ones?

I ordered the billet aluminum to compliment the other aluminum pieces inside the 3. Not a perfect match but close enough.

The price was $25 per panel and $18 to ship overnite (I really wanted them!)

Okay here's the photos:

1.) package of panels and 3M adhesive promoter.

2.) a view of the sticky stuff.

3.) before.

4.) after - but prior to really applying the adhesive.

5.) driver side completed.

6.) overall look compliments the shifter and door handles, etc.

:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
wow, looks nice and goes with the silver piece on the shifter well. It doesn't stand out too much, but definitely adds to the style of your interior. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good color, but I can tell they are stick on. A panel that actually replaces the oem is the way to go to get a perfect fit.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fire76 said:
Good color, but I can tell they are stick on. A panel that actually replaces the oem is the way to go to get a perfect fit.
I totally agree. But until there's such a thing it's about the only alternative. I still wonder if the Mazda panels are stick on or actual replacements?

·
Registered
227 Posts
My whole interior has got that aluminum interior, its sweet. I wish I had a camera to show all of you, but just imagine what this guy has plus the whole dash and shift area. Between the two audio knobs, theres a a "3" which is pretty cool, also the mazda symbol on the steering wheel, the area around the igniton, AND the backseat window controls also have it. Ill try to get a camera to show all of you.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
malebastard said:
would have to see in person to see how much it sticks up...

Gotta side profile close up shot?????

just to show how much it sticks up???
No, sorry, didn't take a side shot. But you know how the black piece is beveled? Well, the aluminum trim piece doesn't fold over the beveling so there's a bit of a an overlap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.