Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my AWR engine mount a couple days ago and now I think my other mounts are worn. When I launch either in first or from first to second I hear a loud thump from the passenger side. Sometimes I hear it on the Drivers side as well. Are my other mounts already worn, or is it from the AWR mount? I bought the car in '04 also, and that might contribute to the other mounts being worn.

On another note. Is there any place, other than the dealership, to find the parts to replace them?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
humm, not sure but it sounds like you blew your top left motor mount. a few other people on here have done the same thing.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
I believe the tranny mount is about a $60 part, and if you installed the AWR yourself, you can install the tranny mount yourself. Take out the battery tray and it's right there.

There are at least a couple threads that detail the install. I'd have to search to find the links though, and I'm sure you can do that just as easily as I can :p

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=68359.msg1183328#msg1183328 date=1170447800]
I believe the tranny mount is about a $60 part, and if you installed the AWR yourself, you can install the tranny mount yourself. Take out the battery tray and it's right there.

There are at least a couple threads that detail the install. I'd have to search to find the links though, and I'm sure you can do that just as easily as I can :p
[/quote]

NICE!! thanks for the info on the mount. $60 from the dealer?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=68359.msg1183368#msg1183368 date=1170448724]
Don't quote me on that... it's just what I recall another member saying he paid for his.
[/quote]

okay.. thanks for the info tho!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts