Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some information concerning the proper way to hook up an oil pressure gauge and a boost gauge in my MS3. Location of ports for connections?
Auto Meter Indo blue to complement the blue back lighting!

Thanks for any assistance you might pass my way.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Boost gauge is going to need a hookup some where between the throttle body and the engine. Generally you put a T-fitting between the PVC line and the bung on the intake manifold for the PVC line. Then you do the normal electrical connections for the gauge.

The oil pressure gauge is hopefully going to be easier then it was on my old saturn. you are going to have to find a plug on the oil pressure galley. Then you take the correct hex key and break it lose. Screw the oil pressure sender or the adaptor for the oil pressure sender into the galley and do the usually electrical connections. On most cars the oil galley runs along the intake manifold side of the engine on the block. It should be accessable either from below the car or through the runners on the intake manifold. It will be evident as it is a line of 2-5 hex plugs with the stock oil pressure sender at one end. If you want you can replace the stock one with the new oil pressure sender for the gauge...but this means you will get an oil pressure light on in your car full time (I don't think electrically it will work to tap off it for the stock warning light).

Try asking this one over in the turbo forum. There are probably a number of users over there who have done this on their cars and can possibly give you pictures or at least an exact location of the oil pressure galley and the size of the adaptor (if needed for the new sender) and hex key you need.
-matt

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Oh, by the way...why are you hooking up a boost gauge. Unless you are actually running FI...it is pretty retarded to do.
-Matt

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still waiting for warmer weather!! :x Actually spending time working on my 200SX track car. Have to have them both ready for April 8th for track days. :D I will folowup when the gauges are in and cookin'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts