Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup,

My car never came with sideskirts, and it's been bugging me for a while. At first, I didn't like the overly done look so most body kit side skirts, and didn't want to pay the $400 to buy some from Mazda. I found an eBay seller that sells them for $170ish. Are they hard to install? They come painted so thats a big load off my back. Are they held on with bolts? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
idk but im sure you can do it yourself.
i installed aftermarket sideskirts myself with my little bro.

i think stock has some clips and screws? and 3m double sided tape?

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
^ those instructions are so much easier than the instructions that came with mine! I ordered my skirts from the same seller the OP is talking about. I got them yesterday and opened the box and read the instructions, they were like 9 pages long!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
They aren't hard to install at all. I had mine from factory, but i've done them before. Give yourself a good day, take it slow, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=blackmica3i link=topic=67219.msg1156006#msg1156006 date=1169141792]
So is there any drilling involved?
[/quote]

no all the holes should already be there

if your car has the stone chip guard, then you'd have to remove that to expose the holes for the clips on the side skirt to go on...

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You know, I don't remember. I'll go see if I can hunt the car down and look. There *might* have been, but I think it'd have been 8 holes, total.

·
Registered
43 Posts
does anyone know if the side skirts from the sedan also fit the hatch? i know theyre about the same length (75in) but im not sure about how they attach.

·
Registered
433 Posts
[quote author=BJJer link=topic=67219.msg1156544#msg1156544 date=1169158363]
whats the name of the ebay seller I want them too
[/quote]

The seller's name is autopartsurplus.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
The sideskirts are such that they just kind of "bulk out" the car, they don't look like half a body kit. I think you'd be fine with just those. Make it look a little more "finished".

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
I'm going to try to install mine tomorrow and I'll take pictures. I'm going to eventually get the rear flares and if the GV lip group buy ever starts up again, it's going to be mine!

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
this is the same sideskirt as what you i drivers have except this is on an S

doesnt make the side lower, just adds some accent.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just ordered the skirts for my titanium gray sedan from the same company on ebay. but when i bought it the shipping estimate was $25.97 but I just went to check out and now it says $54.54 + $1.60 insurance for shipping?! I guess i'm going to have to call them and see if 54.54 is right.

has anyone taken pictures of installing them?

·
Registered
398 Posts
awww man sorry i just installed mine yesterday but I was on such a time crunch that I didn't even think to take pictures! It really wasn't hard though just take your time and it will be no problem. The instructions are quite comprehensive. Basically you are just removing a couple rubber grommets from the underside of the car and drilling 11 holes along the rocker panel. Then file the holes to get rid of burrs paint/rustproof the holes and clip, clip, snap snap you are done! goodluck with it!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts