Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinion on whether Best Buy or Crutchfield has the best speakers/amps? And who does the better install?

I rather not do Circuit City but that is a choice in my area.

Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
29 Posts
Go with Crutchfield and do the install yourself.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Trust me, Best Buy has sh*t. They have officially become Rockford Fosgate's premeire outlet bitch, and vice versa. Consequently, and not surprisingly so, RF quality has generally deteriorated over the years for the sake of selling more merchandise at second-rate places like Best Buy or Circuit City. Sony, Rockford Fosgate, Pioneer, Jensen ... all staples at Best Buy and Circuit City, along with Polk and second-rate Kenwood and Infinity products. The good stuff will only be found at a specialty audio shop or "salon" as the industry sometimes refers to it. There are a ton of brands I could reference here, but I personally am a fan of MB Quart, though the brand does have its detractors.

If you want money well spent, I encourage you to go to a specialty shop and see what's available and demo some of the stuff. If you're not a real enthusiast (or simply don't want to spend so much for high end equipment) then you're probably better off buying second rate stuff at Best Buy like the rest of the masses. :wink:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
or go to LA on 11th street and get a pretty good system for 150 lol....and install yourself...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Always install yourself!

Best Buy installers suck... along with their sales staff and products. Crutchfield, IMO, is wayy over priced. If you want to learn how to install yourself, there are many articles on the net about how to remove and replace decks and speakers. Installing an amp isnt hard either.

For equipment... here are a few sites that generally have better pricing than retail stores:

www.nexxon.com
www.onlinecarstereo.com
www.millionbuy.com
www.ikesound.com
www.sounddomain.com
www.thezeb.com

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
anamnesis said:
Vaboom,

Agreed on the price issue, you can almost always find cheaper prices on the online stores ... however, you cannot demo speakers over the internet. :)
True.. but I can tell ya what the best is :D

You definately want to listen to some if your gonna spend much. If you cant afford a lot: Infinity, Kenwood and Kicker are great for the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts