Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay just a quick question. I have an 07 MS3 with modified exhaust. My inspection is due this month.
I am worried that I wont pass because I am running full 3" turbo back exhaust. The funny thing is, my
check engine light hasn't come on at all. I want to think I am okay, but I am not sure if that means I am.
I live in the Dallas Fort Worth Area.

1. Do you think I will pass?
2. Anyone have a place they suggest I take it? (I refuse to go back to stock, too much a pain the in a**)

Thanks

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
well ask ur DMV.. but im pretty sure that inspection is only a ODBII scanning.. so if ur not throwing a code.. you should be ok... but check with ur local DMV.. about the inspection.. whether its visual and ODBII or just ODBII...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an ODBII test and an Acceleration Simulated Mode. I beleive it is what they commonly call the sniffer test. Still dunno if I will be good or not though.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
well full turbo back exhaust didnt eliminate a cat right ? if it didnt then ur all set dude

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138058.msg2976467#msg2976467 date=1236214471]
well full turbo back exhaust didnt eliminate a cat right ? if it didnt then ur all set dude
[/quote]

It eliminated the cats, that's why I'm asking. I'm still not to sure that all
places that do the inspection do the sniffer test, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
ull fail the sniffer..
since it reads the co2 emissions.. ull fail.. u have no check engine lights.. since u used faulers right ? or spark plug spacers.. thats why ur tricking ur sensors.. but they will get u for that..
at least thats what i think....
if they do sniffer... change the exhaust to stock..
if only ODBII.. leave it

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=MS3Newb link=topic=138058.msg2976493#msg2976493 date=1236214882]
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138058.msg2976467#msg2976467 date=1236214471]
[/quote]

It eliminated the cats, that's why I'm asking. I'm still not to sure that all
places that do the inspection do the sniffer test, but I could be wrong.
[/quote]

How do you not have a check engine light with no cat? OBD-II requires a second sensor past the cat to make sure it's working, so you should throw a light. If you have some kind of hack, you might be able to get away with it; according to the DPS http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/inspection/item_insp.asp your car is NOT subject to the tailpipe test, only an OBD scan. If your computer is saying it's ready and not throwing any codes, you should pass provided the info on the DPS website is accurate.

California does both OBD scan and tailpipe, but we get 6 years off on new vehicles :) Washington was better--they scanned my '97 Jeep's computer and sent me on my way, and they let me drive the '94 Volvo on the dyno myself!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts