Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'll make this quick. I changed my front struts and on my driver side, I accidentally put too much pressure on the control arm trying to mount the new strut and popped the inner CV joint out.

I was able to just push it back into place, got the strut in and re-mounted everything and took it for a drive. Everything runs fine and no noises at all, my question is if it's that easy? Does it take more to pop the inner CV joint back in, should there be a definitive click or pop so you know that it's back in?

Sorry for the lengthly description, I tried searching and couldn't find much pertaining to this exact issue.

Thanks for any help/advice

· Registered
368 Posts
Are you saying that it popped out of the transaxle case? I just changed my struts and didn't have this issue, but some time ago when reinstalling my axles after pulling the trans, I never felt or heard a pop from either axle. I had been told, read about, and have seen on YouTube vids the axles do pop when they go in. I thought maybe I hadn't gotten then in all the way, but I couldn't push them any further and I've never had an issue with either of them (knock on wood).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.