Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Injen just emailed me back saying there intkae will be out next month, personally I might wait and see what else comes out and see who makes the biggest gain

·
Registered
86 Posts
ropscot said:
Injen just emailed me back saying there intkae will be out next month, personally I might wait and see what else comes out and see who makes the biggest gain
Or who makes the biggest lie........ beware of big hp claims. I will believe a big number when people baseline their cars, add the CAI, and get the same numbers as the vendor claims. There are lies, damned lies, and what are some of the biggest lies of all, claimed CAI whp gains.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
LIES!...i want someone to compare the AEM one with the INJEN one...

·
Registered
889 Posts
raitchison said:
The guy at AEM said he expects the Injen to make more HP, but that the AEM doesn't mess up the fuel trims and risk throwing a CEL.

He said that he was able to make more power with some designs but the fuel trims were too far out of norms.
Basically, it is where AEM decided to put the Mass Airflow Sensor as opposed to where Injen will put it, making the computer to go to a leaner or richer setting. Other factors are going to be equal.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
I would recomend the AEM CAI, they rarely have problems and the gains are still pretty good, and the sound, oh the sound the make.

·
Registered
155 Posts
according to the guy from AJ RACING ... Injen CAI are better then AEM's ... he said injen takes what aem has and perfect it ...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
yeah....well...my Mazda3 can beat up your Mazda 3 and twice on Sundays

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is AEM going to make a short ram intake too, or just the full CAI? I read somewhere that the CAI for the MZ6 is an exact fit to the new MZ3. How true this is, I don't know

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well anything that fits the 6's four cyl will fit ours (they're the same...), but the physical space in the engine bay may not let them fit, if you get what I mean. If the gains we see are like those of the injen 6i dyno posted (6.8 whp, 8 lb ft I believe) then I'll be very happy, since an intake did jack on my old car.

·
Registered
889 Posts
As far as feeling 6.8 whp, you would need a very sensitive ass. From experience, anything under 15 whp, you are not going to notice it. Some of you will have better gains by going onto a diet. Other factors such as the 19in bling bling wheels, 50lbs subwoofer, and all the other crap people like to put onto the car will slow it down.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
n1smo said:
As far as feeling 6.8 whp, you would need a very sensitive ass. From experience, anything under 15 whp, you are not going to notice it. Some of you will have better gains by going onto a diet. Other factors such as the 19in bling bling wheels, 50lbs subwoofer, and all the other crap people like to put onto the car will slow it down.
I would not argue with you there, but you will notice the difference in your track times before and after. And if there is a guy you have raced before and after you will see the difference. I think one of the most appealing things about a CAI is the sound that it makes too. It is by far the best BPU you can do to any car.

D

·
0 Posts
FunkyFreshMonkey,

BPU= Basic Performance Upgrade

I= Intake
H= Header
E=Exhaust

Those are a few examples. I have seen people use C=Cams.. but Cams arent really considered a basic upgrade or bolt on...

Nikolas

1 - 20 of 27 Posts