Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just wandering if anyone has installed Infinity Kappa Speakers ( 6x8) model no: 682.9CT, in there 3 replacing the factory speakers. And if so, whether or not there is serious modifications needed to make them fit. Also wandering how the sound will compare to stock speakers, any help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry forgot to mention also wandering if you need wire harnesses also to go with the speakers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You shouldn't need a wiring harness, just splice the wires together.

Overall though, I would avoid Infinity speakers - I find that their highs are harsh, and fatigue my ears even at low volumes. I much prefer CDT speakers, although I don't believe they make any 6x8 speakers (I plan on making an adapter and putting in 6.5")

That's just my opinion, of course.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=hoolaking link=topic=137975.msg2974188#msg2974188 date=1236127942]
You shouldn't need a wiring harness, just splice the wires together.

Overall though, I would avoid Infinity speakers - I find that their highs are harsh, and fatigue my ears even at low volumes. I much prefer CDT speakers, although I don't believe they make any 6x8 speakers (I plan on making an adapter and putting in 6.5")

That's just my opinion, of course.
[/quote]

Not too sure I'm keen on splicing wires. Which won't be done by my anyways.

Also with the speakers I listed, I heard you can turn down the highs of the tweeter if necessary.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can adjust the tweeters to -3dB.

If you don't want to cut of the factory speaker connector, you can get a speaker harness connector (Crutchfield is one place you can get it, they'll throw it in free if you buy the speakers there, but you can find them much cheaper elsewhere). Other than that it is a simple install-they are the same size as the OEMs and will use the same screws.

There are arguably better speakers out there, but I'm sure you will find the Kappas to sound much better than stock.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It isn't the loudness of the tweeters I don't like, it is the harshness - they are (to me) sharp and piercing.

Again, personal preference, but if possible I would recommend listening to them for a while in a store or something and see if you can figure out what I mean.

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you go on fairly long trips, like over one hour, and like to listen to music, I'd suggest another brand of speaker. Infinities definitely are some of the worst speakers I've ever experienced for listening fatigue. After an hour, you just want to turn it off.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i have enjoyed my infinity's and have to say the install was really easy except the mounting of the crossover. i cannot find a place to put it

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would have to agree that Infinity car speakers are horrible. They don't have much bass, and the highs are really ear-piercing.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i took out my 2 8" jl subs and added infinity reference components. i am satisfied with he base they put out. i like a realistic level of base which is why i didnt have huge subs to begin with

1 - 10 of 10 Posts