Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally installed new speakers in my 3 today and i gotta say im freaking impressed with the kappa line of infinity. My old car used to have a set of infinity kappa perfect 6.1 and these 60.7 sound just as good.

Heres a mini review.

Install: This was a piece of cake. The 3 is pretty easy to get the door panel off and new speakers in. The crossover was not too large and i was able to mount it right under the speaker with some velcro (industrial strength). The tweeters took the most time. I did a walkthrough in the how to section on installing them. Check it out.

Sound: For $130 components im blown away. I dont even have them amped yet. Im running them off of my JVC hu and they sound so good i cant wait to see how they sound amped. The highs are tight and crisp. Theres two sound levels for the tweeters that you can select at the crossover. I left my at the stock setting and they sound great. The midrange response is perfect and while he low range bass is a little less then stock, the sound is much tighter. These speakers are meant to be part of a system with subs and such. So dont expect them to do wonder with bass.

I was surprised to see the crap speakers mazda put in. Im glad to have them trashed and a new set in. So if anyone was on the fence, jump over it and buy these speakers. Infinity amazes me once again. Ill update once i get them amped.

· Registered
231 Posts
So un-amped, the Kappa 60.7 sounds just as good? I was considering purchasing the Perfect 6.1 but $200 is a hard swallow. I don't play music loud, just around 16 at most so I might go with the regular kappas if the sound quality is not that different.

· Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go with the kappas unless your going to be pushing some serious wattage to the speakers. I have a buddy who had the 6.1s still and they sound awesome. He is running alot of power to them though. When i picked up the 6.1s originally i got em for $100 (thank you circuit city discount) this time around i wanted something a little cheaper and IMHO there just as good. I know i had my dad in my car today and he mentioned how good the speakers sounded in the car. He didnt know i installed them yet either. So again go for the set. You wont regret it.

EDIT: I almost forgot. Mounting the crossover is so much easier on the 60.7s vs the 6.1s. The crossover is about half the size of the 6.1. Theres little spot inside the speaker hole (well, whatever) thats it perfect for mounting the crossover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.