Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
it's got the most sparkle to it (i think anyway). It's dark, which tends to draw a lot of people as well.

But sunlight silver is actually the best color ;p .... actually i'm partial to winning blue but couldn't wait for one to come close and sunlight silver is my second favorite color (check out my cardomain, its quickly beginning to look like im doomed to drive silver my whole life ;p )

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
When I was shopping for a 3, the salesguy kept pushing a ti grey hatchback and a ti grey sedan on me... he kept telling me what a popular color it was and i would regret buying any other color (not his exact words but that is what i got out of the conversation)... over a year and a half later and i still don't regret it. i just thought that was kind of weird, you know? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
well to me i wanted this color bc i always wanted the gray lexus is300 and i also saw the kenstyle car was was in awww so that made my choice...and was the first car the sales guy showed me and i fell in love lol

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
We always wanted the hatch right from the start. I always thought about a black car, but hate how dusty it looks quite fast. We then decided charcoal grey or whatever it was would have been cool. Not available on hatches in '06. So Titanium grey was the next choice, and with super dark tint, looks f'n awesome. No regrets. Anyone who sees the car for the first time always compliments it, a lot.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
It's looks like several different colors from different angles, it's looks very high class and it hides the dirt well.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
When I decided that I wanted a 3 I actually wanted a black one. Only problem was that I was very picky on what options I wanted. When they called and said they had a 3 hatch with all the options I wanted I jumped on it. I have no regret at all getting a tit. gray. Now some of the other colors I really like. My fiance has a Strato blue hatch and it looks really good. But when I put them next to each other I just like mine better. Blacking out reflectors and matching turn signals so they are all white looks mean on the tit. 3's. I had gotten used to driving my Sunday car so I wanted something that looked mean with out it even moving. Then again with all that "meanness" the car can still look very classy and can carry itself well with other luxury vehicles. I think that is why I picked it was just the versatility of the color.

~Saint

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Ti Gray 3 gets compliments all the time. I got rear-ended right after Thanksgiving and the car got fixed and the paint doesn't match exactly now which bugs me, but only I would notice it because I "know" it's been worked on. The gas door totally doesn't match. Maybe I can tell people it's supposed to be that way.

In any event, I love the color Ti Gray.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Titanium Gray is the best of all the colors!!!! Looks really sharp, gets lots of compliments, easy to keep clean looking....very classy color! Love the silvery reflections off of it when it's sunny.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Can't "" exactly but there was a show on SPEED about color choices for cars that makers choose.....white and black are almost always made.....but they sad that ti and silver colors are popular because of imperfections and dirt...as well as they look the most machined....or aggressive because of the metal color look, makes people think they are more expensive then they are.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Not exactly sure why - maybe because it's just so down the middle of the road inoffensive.

Anyhow - next time you're at the Zoo, look at the crowd around the elephant pen. Just no explaining our facination with elephants.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
:rofl: You know I knew it was a matter of time before Sealy found this thread. haha

~Saint

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=Saint link=topic=66956.msg1154335#msg1154335 date=1169058480]
:rofl: You know I knew it was a matter of time before Sealy found this thread. haha

~Saint
[/quote]

Well, if you had let me know, I would have been here sooner. Where's that other guy that follows me around mumbling about tomatoes? :angrypoint:

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
because it was the most produced color.

it's dark enough to hide some dirt, unlike black, and light enough to hide dirt, unlikes silver and white.

it's a neutral inbetween color that doesn't say "hey look! I'm flashy!" and it's not a flat color like white and black.

I dislike it because its so popular and wish less people had it

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
is it the most sold color? any stats on that?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts