Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the in dash CD changer in Canada? at all? as an option? or standard on some models.

I have a sport GT and from what I am seeing after playing with it is that it looks like just a single cd player and that's it.

Anybody knows the answer? Because I certainly wasn't given that option when I bought it.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see it on the US site but on that Canadian site for the sport GT only 4 options are listed:

1- 4-speed Sport mode AT
2- Air conditioning
3- Leather Seats
4- Moonroof

Nowhere does it mention the in dash cd changer....I'm kind of puzzled... I have everything except the leather and the automatic tranny so I thought I had the changer.....that is if it's in Canada....

·
Registered
882 Posts
It's an accessory, you can order it through the parts department though it's a ridiculously priced $700 some odd dollars. If they didn't sound like crap I'd just go with a trunk mounted one. If you go to the mazda.ca website and do a build and price, underneath where you add sunroof, auto etc. it's in that list with the MP3 player, MD player etc.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
M3-GT said:
Is the in dash CD changer in Canada? at all? as an option? or standard on some models.

I have a sport GT and from what I am seeing after playing with it is that it looks like just a single cd player and that's it.

Anybody knows the answer? Because I certainly wasn't given that option when I bought it.
Yes they do have it as an option. Around CDN$700 if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:? aaah crap! Well then I don't have it. Being one of the first to get a 3, the building and price thing wasn't working on the mazda .ca site, plus the fact that I only thought of this after I got the car are just a bunch of factors contributing to that. $729 ouch....then it's no biggy. I have one CD player and that's fine.

Couple of options there that are tempting but the dealer and I didn't know about them at the time....and now there's no way I'll pay for these separately because it would only cost too much. I'll be saving my money for performance improvements parts anyway.

Thanks guys for clearing that up. :wink:

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Yeah the CD changer is really nice, but really expensive... it was the best part of buying the Bose system in the MZ6... free cd changer.

·
Registered
882 Posts
If your dealer appreciates your business they may be able to swing something for you. If I can get someone else to come in and buy (which I'm good at) then I'm going after the auto dimming mirror or a good price cut on the 6 disc.

·
Registered
225 Posts
For $729, you can buy an iPod and a cassette deck on the 3 to plug it in (or an FM transmitter, but that's not an hi-fi solution).

You'll be able to listen to many more songs than with a 6-disc CD changer, and the iPod will follow you everywhere!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fleecy said:
For $729, you can buy an iPod and a cassette deck on the 3 to plug it in (or an FM transmitter, but that's not an hi-fi solution).

You'll be able to listen to many more songs than with a 6-disc CD changer, and the iPod will follow you everywhere!
That's what I'll do. I already have an HD mp3 player so I'll probably be getting that cassette deck. No way I'm paying $700 for a CD changer.

·
Registered
225 Posts
hi-fi is a relative term here.

MZ3's sound system is NOT hi-fi to start with, so of course a cassette adapter won't help. But it will provide MUCH better sound from an MP3 player (like my iPod) than any FM transmitter would.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts