Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spreading the news. Here's the info for those interested...

4th annual IMPORT FACE-OFF presented by Fowler Scion: Sunday, April 22nd at Thunder Valley Raceway in Noble, OK (20 miles south of OKC) from 11am to 6pm.

EVENT ACTIVITIES: Car/truck/bike show, hot body contest, 1/4 mile drag racing, burnout contest, stereo crank it up contest (Usaci double points), vendors, raffles and giveaways, Mixed Martial Arts exhibition (open submission grappling competition), pre-show party, DJs, and live concert. DJs, bands, and rap artists, call 225-247-7223 to be booked.

SHOW CLASSES: Best Interior, Best Paint/Finish, Best Engine Bay, Best Display, Best Mitsubishi, Best Toyota, Best Scion, Best Nissan, Best Mazda, Best Euro, Best Civic (mild), Best Civic (wild), Best Other Honda (mild), Best Other Honda (wild), Best Acura (mild), Best Acura (wild), Best Other Import (Subaru, Hyundai, etc.), Best Domestic Sports Compact, Best Domestic Car, Best Domestic Truck/SUV, Best Import Truck/SUV, Best Luxury, Best Exotic, Best Underconstruction, Best Club Participation, Best Club Representation $200, Best of Show $300. Additional classes and/or places to be added depending on participation (usually a class for every 4 of a specific make/model vehicle). *Note, this competition will be judged by IFO staff. Import Face-Off will no longer be judged by outside sanctioning bodies (too many complaints).

DRAG CLASSES AND PAYOUTS
FWD Quick 8 $1000
Street Class Quick 8 $800
All Motor Quick 4 $400
Bracket 14.99 and Faster $200
Bracket 15.00 and Slower $200
Motorcycle Bracket $100
*full fields required for full payout

SHOW PRICES:
Spectator $15 with flyer (regular $17) *flyers printed off computer ok to use - right click on flyer image, print.
Test and Tune Drag racer $20 - open to any make/model
Competition Drag racer $30 - imports or sport compacts only
Car Show Entry $25 - Burn out contest FREE
Stereo Crank It Up Info: www.SoundOff.org
Event info: www.ImportFaceOff.net *to be updated with OKC specifics soon

OFFICIAL IFO PRE-SHOW PARTY: Saturday, April 21st at Mardi Gras (4475 NW 50th, OKC 73112) featuring DJ Hustle-Lin from Kansas City, MO (Myspace.com/FineXChina). 18 to party, 21 to drink - 9pm to 2am.

Event flyer...

I'm going...anyone else?

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
[quote author=BruiserTX link=topic=71924.msg1266745#msg1266745 date=1173879725]
its the F&F RACE WARS!!! Ill go
[/quote]

are we gonna have ourselfs a 10sec mazda team and go break into all the honda guys' garages?

This is nice. I should be free to go.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
I could show too but wonder if its worth it.
All i got is a lip kit and system. Im going to mount my amp to float in the trunk with a neon tube behind it. hehe. But by the show i should have magnaflow on. but stock 16s...

anyone wanna lend me some rims for the show that we can put on there? lol.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't say you're going to go if you're not absolutely positive you ARE going to go.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
then technically i am not going.

cause i am not 100% sure.

april 22th is out there. too far for me to know by now if i can go or not.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i should clarify, im talking about people who are showing. if you aren't going to show for sure, then just say you're going for now. i'll update accordingly.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
ok then its not 100% showing for now. when if i get my covers by then i might enter interior, i may need to borrow a driver floor mat though

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
brad, you dont just enter for interior. you enter your car in the mazda class. as they are judging they award points for your mods. when they add up the interior points, that determines who has best interior.

if you are going into this expecting to win, DON'T!!

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
its gonna be tough competition.
I dont expect to win at all, i may go up to just look around with some friends.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
[quote author=HighlanderMac link=topic=71924.msg1274026#msg1274026 date=1174193695]
I may go for a few 1/4 mile runs...
[/quote]

did you graduate macauther high school or something?
or do all mac schools have a highlander as a mascot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Um, no... Actually I graduated from New Hope Solebury High School in Pennsylvania.

My last name is MacLeod, so thats where I get both the Highlander and the Mac...

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=kspec link=topic=71924.msg1274030#msg1274030 date=1174193780]
[quote author=HighlanderMac link=topic=71924.msg1274026#msg1274026 date=1174193695]
I may go for a few 1/4 mile runs...
[/quote]

did you graduate macauther high school or something?
or do all mac schools have a highlander as a mascot.
[/quote]

damn man, you and eurotuner have to be two of the weirdest people on this forum. next time, take that stupid shit to pm's.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
in the show circuit, money spent=points=trophy.

I'd rather spend money on making the car perform better.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=superjudge link=topic=71924.msg1274570#msg1274570 date=1174240300]
in the show circuit, money spent=points=trophy.

I'd rather spend money on making the car perform better.
[/quote]

thank you captain obvious.

do you think all show cars only have show mods? if you do, you're sadly mistaken. many show cars can be very capable track cars.

anyway, that's not what this thread is about. so please, stay on topic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts