Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have the problem can't start the car! I took out the positive terminal from the battery (just so you know) then plugged it back and car doesn't start, all i see is key light and tire pressure light blinking. Please help!

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
did you try locking and unlocking the car with the remote. sounds like you activated the immobilzer but i can't remember how to reset it...

·
Registered
879 Posts
looking at the online manual, it seems all the references are using a WDS unit or something.

This is the only one without a WDS and references registering a 3rd key.. you can try.

1. Have one key (key 3) ready for registration.

2. Using key 1, turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

3. Verify that the security light illuminates for approx. 3 s and then goes out.

4. Using key 1, turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position within approx. 4 s after the security light goes out.

5. Remove key 1

6. Repeat Steps 2-5 using key 2.

7. Repeat Steps 2-5 using key 3.

8. If additional keys need to be registered, repeat Steps 1-7 in the same manner as key 3.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=vtrin link=topic=140188.msg3022363#msg3022363 date=1238205650].

3. Verify that the security light illuminates for approx. 3 s and then goes out.

[/quote]

That's were trouble begins, in my case i turn to on position and light instead of going out, is starting to flash rapidly. Tommorow, I'll call the dealer, cause that's seems like immobilizer unprogrammed. Do you know if that's covered by warranty?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got a call from the dealership, they said the computer is blank :eek: How did that happen? From disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok problem solved, picked up the car yesterday. My battery came out to be the problem and was replaced for a new one :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts