Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the weather has finally started to break here in western PA so i took the oppertunity to spend some time on the car. i got the car in november and haven t had a chance to wax it because of the winter, and i finally had the chance to really clean the car sunday only to have dirt cling to it like a magnet after 10 minutes, so today at lunch i bought some wax, and hung out after work and re-washed and waxed my car (first time since i bought it) and took the liberty or taking off the side mouldings because IMO the car just looks cleaner w/o it, plus i figured why not use some of the tools from work to mak ethe job eaiser and kill 2 birds w/ one stone. im still debating on the 2.3 emblems but for now they will stay. give it about another month and i will be installing my mazdaspeed spring kit i got a few weeks back from tonkin

and one i took for fun

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
not really shaved but ok.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
i think ppl call this "Removed door moldings"

but cool.

im thinking about doing it to mine. It does look clean without it.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
yeah....897469373 times better.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
looks sweet, but u should take off the 2.3 badge too. looks kinda out of place.

·
Registered
305 Posts
those yellow fogs look good in daytime. But do they throw out any lite? Seems like they're pretty weak without any film on

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah, i removed my door moldings a few weeks and pinstripes a few days ago. no tools needed. i applied an axela badge about less than a month ago, but during my vacation trip from VA to MS someone was f'ing with my axela badge. and it wouldn't stick back on. so i said f this. so i removed it and am thinking of taking off the mazda badge from the rear. or i just might buy another badge. i like it when i go places and other people have 3's and see my car and ask "what's an axela" "is that a new model?" tell's you how much they know there own car. But i am not hating. i just laugh, and say yes. it's an overseas model. i imported it from japan.

·
Registered
423 Posts
[quote author=crazyfast link=topic=71842.msg1264236#msg1264236 date=1173760412]
looks sweet, but u should take off the 2.3 badge too. looks kinda out of place.
[/quote]

yes. you do what he says. if you want to keep it, put it in the rear...of the hatch that is...that's what some people usually do. when they take door moldings off, 2.3 just seems to "float" out of place.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
if you take the 2.3's off the door def put em somewhere else. you want people to know you spent the extra 2 grand on 8 or so more horses lol. and btw i really like that color, i just wrecked my mazda3 2day actually and if its totalled im gonna either get black or that blue you have

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
is it just me but i think that the die moldings look good and the car looks worse when they're off .. clean job though ..

·
Registered
124 Posts
I dont know if this is everyones definition of shaved. But yea, looks alot better without moldings. I did it the first day.

·
Registered
305 Posts
[quote author=Cozmo85 link=topic=71842.msg1267798#msg1267798 date=1173909866]
I dont know if this is everyones definition of shaved. But yea, looks alot better without moldings. I did it the first day.
[/quote]

+1
Was expecting to see doors with no handles/locks & solenoid openers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
[quote author=Corbs link=topic=71842.msg1265718#msg1265718 date=1173826552]
if you take the 2.3's off the door def put em somewhere else. you want people to know you spent the extra 2 grand on 8 or so more horses lol. and btw i really like that color, i just wrecked my mazda3 2day actually and if its totalled im gonna either get black or that blue you have
[/quote]

It wouldn't matter, cuz the hatch only comes in 2.3L

·
Registered
423 Posts
[quote author=Young Scrappa link=topic=71842.msg1268121#msg1268121 date=1173919353]
[quote author=Corbs link=topic=71842.msg1265718#msg1265718 date=1173826552]
[/quote]

It wouldn't matter, cuz the hatch only comes in 2.3L
[/quote]

true, but there a lot of non-mazda owners out there that may not know it, and few mazda owners as well. but you can always surprise other drivers when they want to "race" if you don't have the 2.3 badge.

also i read a funny thing on another post about door moldings and 2.3 badges. someone said, if you can manage to pull it off correctly, you can change your badge to read 3.2 and scare someone. is it wrong? i don't know, but it's damn funny.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Nice. I always liked the look of a car without mouldings far above that of a car with them. They're useless unless you're going to protect yourself against tiny shriner's clown cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts