Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cuz damn, I can not for the life of me drive the new Speed3 slowly. I know, I know, break it in easy but damn it just calls on me to go faster. I was going from the dealer on a windy, dark and hilly parkway (Saw Mill River) and I swear, I was almost at 100 and did not even feel it. I know find myself trying to watch the speedo more than the road itself to make sure I'm under 80 at the least. If I don't go to jail, I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
yeah i had the same problem, well still have the same problem

you dont have to pick your nose and wait for the high speeds to pick up like the regular mazda3
it just happens

I was on my way home from the dealership and wanted to pass a couple cars on a 5 lane highway
Then i got around them and then bursted over a couple lanes to get over in the fast lane and was thinking.... "this car doesnt handle well at 80mph like my old 2004 mazda did" then i looked down at the speedo and it was resting right above 130mph... whoops

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=67237.msg1155136#msg1155136 date=1169087132]

I was on my way home from the dealership and wanted to pass a couple cars on a 5 lane highway
Then i got around them and then bursted over a couple lanes to get over in the fast lane and was thinking.... "this car doesnt handle well at 80mph like my old 2004 mazda did" then i looked down at the speedo and it was resting right above 130mph... whoops
[/quote]

130+ on a public road with other cars around and multiple lane changes? I pray my family isn't on any road remotely close to you.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
dont worry your in VA and im in WA we got some distance :)

Think that is bad? You should see our outskirt roads on Fri/Sat night... geezus
There you got 2 lanes, one each way and ditches and trees on the side, there are some guys that go all out on those roads, that is much more dangerous, especially for deer and other road hazards

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=67237.msg1155145#msg1155145 date=1169087496]

There you got 2 lanes, one each way and ditches and trees on the side, there are some guys that go all out on those roads, that is much more dangerous, especially for deer and other road hazards
[/quote]

i wonder what it'd look like if you hit a deer at 160....

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=67237.msg1155148#msg1155148 date=1169087683]
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=67237.msg1155145#msg1155145 date=1169087496]

[/quote]

i wonder what it'd look like if you hit a deer at 160....
[/quote]

remember the pics of the girl that ran her dads porsche into the toll booth?

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
yes i remember, dont point fingers though, i honesty drove my 04 to the dealer bought the MS3 and it just happened when passing, i really had no idea untill i looked down, because i was used to the 04 acceleration, i wasnt like "hey jimmy man... check this out dude, lets got 130" and obviously it would be closer to 160 if i was going to show off :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=67237.msg1155203#msg1155203 date=1169089615]
yes i remember, dont point fingers though, i honesty drove my 04 to the dealer bought the MS3 and it just happened when passing, i really had no idea untill i looked down, because i was used to the 04 acceleration, i wasnt like "hey jimmy man... check this out dude, lets got 130" and obviously it would be closer to 160 if i was going to show off :)
[/quote]

You think you got problems. I'm coming out of a POS '94 Saturn SL1 and I drove that like I stole it. Had no problems on the parkways and highways at around 80+ so driving this thing is just too easy. 80 just feels slow in this car in comparison.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
Matt did you go have to through all 6 gears to get to 130? I'm just wondering what the gear ratios were like because even though I test drove a speed3, I didn't get it out of 3rd gear I think (Charleston, WV traffic is crappy).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too have the same problem. Got a speeding ticket doing 77 in a 55. Usually I catch myself when I am speeding... this time two state troopers did. :shock:

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=67237.msg1155802#msg1155802 date=1169134850]
Matt did you go have to through all 6 gears to get to 130? I'm just wondering what the gear ratios were like because even though I test drove a speed3, I didn't get it out of 3rd gear I think (Charleston, WV traffic is crappy).
[/quote]

Im pretty sure i was in 6th gear when i hit that, i usually dont redline new cars on the way home from the dealership.

Test drives are not good especially if you didnt get to do highway, that is where the speed3 kicks ass, even 6th gear acceleration @60mph leaves alot of cars behind

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I just picked mine up tonight and let me tell you, I am with the other guy. I'm going to go to jail in this car for sure. It'll be worth it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Fellas, please, i implore you, be safe in your new car. For me, like many, this is my first "sport" car and I would not do anything to compromise myself, my car, or anyone else on the road. Like many, I have sped in my car well above the "legal" speed limit,but take caution. A car is not worth your life, or anyone elses'. Be safe, stay under control, and KNOW YOUR LIMITS.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=Frosty link=topic=67237.msg1160480#msg1160480 date=1169366265]
Fellas, please, i implore you, be safe in your new car. For me, like many, this is my first "sport" car and I would not do anything to compromise myself, my car, or anyone else on the road. Like many, I have sped in my car well above the "legal" speed limit,but take caution. A car is not worth your life, or anyone elses'. Be safe, stay under control, and KNOW YOUR LIMITS.
[/quote]

Trust me, I will be. I've owned turbo cars previous to this, and that car didn't get me in nearly as much trouble. I had a REALLY supidly insanely bad DL for a few years (speeding ticket under the old system in MN was 2 points, I had 36 points on my record at once..... do the math) I worked my ass off to get it to there it's manageable. I prefer the acceleration and the cornering of this monster anyhow. Like the guy up thataways said, this thing will leave a LOT of cars behind in 6th gear @ highway speeds. I find that the most amazing.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=67237.msg1157087#msg1157087 date=1169177303]
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=67237.msg1155802#msg1155802 date=1169134850]
[/quote]

Im pretty sure i was in 6th gear when i hit that, i usually dont redline new cars on the way home from the dealership.

Test drives are not good especially if you didnt get to do highway, that is where the speed3 kicks ass, even 6th gear acceleration @60mph leaves alot of cars behind
[/quote]

yeah i really wish i could have taken it out for a little longer but the salesman told me to have it back in about 5 minutes. dude didn't even TRY to sell it to me :?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
My sales woman, she handed me the keys and told me to go take care of what I needed to take care of, and she'd evaluate my trade in. THAT'S service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts