Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

For those who are expecting their babies to be on the FEB shipment...

Mine has arrived @ the dealership today, and they're just getting the tints and mp3 player installed!!!

Will be available for me to pick up tomorrow!!!

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm picking up my missus' HB tomorrow :). Could have been today, but the lease company is screwing me around!

Still another 4 weeks for my SP23... :(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So yours is the March shipment aye sonic???

We'll at least you've got your missus' to play around with tomorrow. Not as good as the sp23 though...

But will have to suffice for now... :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got the call today... I get mine on FRIDAY!!! woo hoo!!!!!

Can't wait, hope it stops raining tho.... :(

HIP HIP HOOOORAY!!!!! :lol:

So, when are we going to get a cruuuuuiiiiissssse going? :)

I still havent seen a mz3 sedan on the roads, although i did see a mz3 sedan in the orange (grimace) on the back of one of those big trucks on centenary drive this morning, but that doesn't count.

Can not wait!! Man, wish the clock will tick faster to friday.

hehehe

chy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine was manufactured on the 23rd Feb 2004. So I assuming that mine will be on the march shipment as well?

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is weird, I've been advised by the Sydney dealer that pickup for mine will be sometime next Thursday. And its arrival is on the 27th. This means Sydney gets 2 deliveries this month.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Different shipments are different for Adelaide and Sydney ;) Adelaide's appear to come via Melbourne then take Commodores off to the middle east. Not sure where they come from before then.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The ship MSC Japan arrives in Sydney on the 27th apparently with Mazda's that will be delivered to buyers at some stage next week.

Anyonelse heard their Sydney pickup is also next week?

·
Registered
252 Posts
After adding 100K's to my NEW 3 I can honestly say this car rocks! :evil: The spects for Missus Sonic's 3 are: Strato Blue Maxx Sport HB ATX tint alarm Feb 04 build. Pics may be a little while coming (damned old technology).

One down, one to go, my SP23 hopefully end of March. Fingers crossed!

BTW, my dealer says some people are now waiting 3 months for delivery, and a friend of mine reckons they've been told June delivery which seems to confirm this.

·
Registered
308 Posts
3 months would be terrible, I can not wait to exchange the SP20 next week. I saw an SP20 at Artarmon Mazda for 27,990 and it looks like an 01 or early 02 model. Its only done about 7k which probably means its all been short trips. I can not imagine anyone that would be stupid enough to pay this sort of money instead of getting a new 3. Although the SP20 is a solid, zippy thing its definitely considerably less refined than the 3.

I've a hunch its one of the salesguy's old vehicles where its positioned. I reckon its worth about 23k.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The Mazda Media web site shows that 4182 units (Tribute/Escape and Mazda3) were exported to Australia (assuming a 50/50 split between the 2 makes that's 2091 MZ3s hitting Australia since release.

Canada (who just voted the MZ3 car of the year 2004) imported 5131 MZ3s of the total 18,134 MZ3s exported.

Automobile Journalists Association of Canada voted as below for Mazdas.

Mazda3:
Best New Economy Car
Mazda3 Sport:
Best New Sports Coupe (under Can $35,000)
Mazda6:
Best New Family Vehicle
Mazda RX-8:
Best New Sports/Performance Vehicle

·
Registered
308 Posts
Interesting, assuming the escape/tribute sells a lot less then its more likely over half mazda 3's.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's hard to say what the split between the MZ3 and Escape/Tribute would be because they were overall export numbers and I assume the Escape/Tribute accounts for the full year of 2003 and the MZ3 is only December 03, January and February. So the split might be 80/20 (Tribute/MZ3)

Who know what accounting practices these Japanese guys are using!

·
Registered
252 Posts
See http://www.mazda.com.au/currentnews.asp?articleZoneID=2775 on Mazda's website. They quote a weekly order rate of 425. The car's been officially on sale since Jan 24, so I'm guessing there are about 2000-2500 on the road right now. The article also mentions there were 1400 orders in the first two weeks, and now with up to 3 month wait on certain configurations, there must be thousands of outstanding orders.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Steve-o said:
Mazda3 Sport:
Best New Sports Coupe (under Can $35,000)
it gets classed as a coupe even with 4 doors??

i had a h*ll of a time waiting 2 weeks for my car. i can't even begin to imagine what it would be like waiting 3 months (would i go to the dealership and get my test drive fix on a weekly basis?? likely). in a way i'm sort of glad to have ordered it on the 25th jan, but really would have valued some of the great advice that has been popping up on this website because of you guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.