Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did about 15 minutes of research, and checked the FAQ topic (which was pretty cool) but could someone give me the basics? There's ONE thing i'm confused about, the difference between the standard MZ3 headlights and the optional bi-xenon upgrade. I have a 3Hatch Touring edition. My headlights are pretty yellow. I want better lighting and I want it to be as close to white as possible.

From the exerior it looks like a crystal ball, is THIs what needs to be changed? How does this technology work because I know next to nothing.

Sorries in advance :lol: if this is a duplicate topic, but perhaps point me to the right direction?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=mr_Fan link=topic=67160.msg1153630#msg1153630 date=1169009258]
I did about 15 minutes of research, and checked the FAQ topic (which was pretty cool) but could someone give me the basics? There's ONE thing i'm confused about, the difference between the standard MZ3 headlights and the optional bi-xenon upgrade. I have a 3Hatch Touring edition. My headlights are pretty yellow. I want better lighting and I want it to be as close to white as possible.

From the exerior it looks like a crystal ball, is THIs what needs to be changed? How does this technology work because I know next to nothing.

Sorries in advance :lol: if this is a duplicate topic, but perhaps point me to the right direction?
[/quote]

Bi-Xenon means you only have one light bulb per headlight doing both lows and high beams. That's not the case with the 3 since you have low beams bulbs and high beams bulbs. If you don't have HID you will need a H7 HID kit. That's the bulbs behind the projector (the one that looks like a crystal ball).

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mazda does not offer bi-xenon headlights. They have been offering low-beam xenon headlights on 3's for a few years now. The "crystal ball" you are referring to is a low beam projector. And no, that is not the part you need to worry about. If you don't have factory xenon, or also known as HID, low-beams, then your next option is to buy a set of aftermarket HID lights from any of the suppliers advertising on this forum. Don't confuse the xenon lights with cheap bulbs sold all over the internet or ebay. These will possibly give you a different tint, but your light output will not change. You need a real HID kit to notice a difference.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts