Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....I turned 40 in January. No big deal. Feel no older, feel no wiser (wise ass, yes). Why do I then have to "worry" about what I do now. I'm no different than I was before. Okay....I'm 48 lbs lighter than when I was 38, little change.

Had this nice "younger" employee (and by younger, he's 24) ask, "Hey, Tim. Are those Air Force Ones you're wearing?"

"Yep."

"How old are you?"

"40!"

"Aren't you a little old to be wearing AF1's"

At what age do I become old? oh, btw - I still play with Hot wheels with my 3 & 6 year old.....and still kick ass on certain Wii games.....AND I ran my first half marathon this year....so kiss my ass! :)

What do you guys/gals consider old?

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
it's all relative if you ask me. At 27 i feel like 50, i need to start enjoying life again.....

·
Registered
768 Posts
[quote author=DewDad link=topic=179699.msg3800837#msg3800837 date=1284822677]What do you guys/gals consider old?[/quote]

"Old" is twenty years older than whatever age I am.

The really cool thing about getting _older_ is that I have stopped giving a rats ass about what other people think. I live my life to suit myself (well, and to suit my wife :))

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Too old for sneaks? I'm only 29 but I promise @ 50 I'll still be wearing some retro reebok pumps, bo jacksons, etc.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
[quote author=Noisy Crow link=topic=179699.msg3800841#msg3800841 date=1284823179]
[quote author=DewDad link=topic=179699.msg3800837#msg3800837 date=1284822677]What do you guys/gals consider old?[/quote]

The really cool thing about getting _older_ is that I have stopped giving a rats ass about what other people think. I live my life to suit myself (well, and to suit my wife :))
[/quote]

THIS!!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=3driverPA link=topic=179699.msg3800839#msg3800839 date=1284822980]
At 27 i feel like 50, i need to start enjoying life again.....
[/quote]
Exactly!!! At 30 I felt like 50. Now at 40 I feel like I'm 25 again! Although the two boys of mine make me feel younger at times and older at times. After two knee surgeries, a plate in my neck, and jaw surgery, I'm still able to do more now than I did 10 years ago.

I will admit, I'm VERY, VERY, VERY old when it comes to music and can't stand half of the shit you young whippersnappers listen to. :)

Now get off my fu**in' lawn!!

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
old is when you can no longer wipe your own ass
:lol:

unless of course do to an accident or surgery you cannot then that is different, but when the diapers come out might as well pick your grave site

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
Dude i hate half the shit we listen to as well. To much hatred and too many no talent hacks out there making it on their looks alone.

CCR
Pink Floyd
The Beetles

Now that's ma shit!

PS: I feel old because I gave everything up when I had my kid/s, I quit drinking and hanging out with friends, the whole nine. Now I'm fat..... :( Good to know I'm not alone though, and that maybe I'm just in another awkward part of my life. :lol:

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I miss the 80s music and I hate how too many rappers are trying to remake them or using their tunes in their songs.....pisses me off

im only 24 and todays music is getting ridiculous

·
Registered
7,643 Posts

:bigsmile:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I will turn 40 in march and I don't feel old. I love it. And for those who miss the 80's music, get xm and listen to channel 8 then if you want to ROCK turn to channel 41, hair nation. ROCK ON!

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
lmao I have still 4 months of free sirius and it drives my husband nuts that I have the 80s saved on preset lol

Starship - We Built This City HQ

Favorite song growing up, drove my parents crazy making them play it a thousand time in a row in the car. When I found out it was rated the worst song ever by whatever music group I got so pissed haha

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
Phantom, I want this one. Don't laugh at me please. :lol:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts