Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure exactly where I should put this, so I figure stock will do fine. I got the scangauge2 and I was messing aroung with it and I had one of the gauges on the IGN setting. At idle in park, it was 8. Idle with it in drive was 14ish. On the highway going home, i noticed that when I was "coasting" it was 30-55 and when i gunned it would go to 8-12. Once time, I dropped it into 2nd and gunned it almost to redline and the IGN was 2. Can someone explain this to me on what happens? I also have the timing mod done.

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
Sounds normal to me! Idle goes from about 6.5 to 9.5 parked and at about 75mph you should see timing around 45ish I believe.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Your idle sounds perfectly fine. With VE poor and low engine speed, 8-20 degrees usually works fine. I'm not sure what peak timing would be in our cars (well, it wouldn't be the same for everyone). From what I can remember though, timing varies inversely with VE because at denser mixtures bur faster and require less lead time to achieve idea ATDC.

I could be wrong though, so if someone more educated on this would chime in, that be great. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts